cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king_slavcho
Participant

Can not backup because of insufficient storage memory

Hello dear friends,

I have problem with my checkpoint server because it does not have enough memory so i can export backups. It is installed on e virtual esxi server and the server has just 500gb of memory.. How can i export the backup files, snapshots and other things and directly transfer the files on an ftp server.. I try to export them on my ftp server but says that there is not enough memory in the /var/log/CPbackup/backups..

How can i solve this issue? How to export my configuration and other things so i can transfer my VM on other server rack?

This is what the df -h command show:

/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_current 50G 48G 2.9G 95% /
/dev/sda1 291M 58M 219M 21% /boot
tmpfs 7.8G 6.0M 7.8G 1% /dev/shm
cgroup 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

The vmware esxi host says that the space used for the virtual machine where the checkpoint is installed is 516gb used space out of 550..

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What happens when you type mount /var/log in expert mode?
/var/log isn't showing as mounted on your system.

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

mount: mount /dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_log on /var/log failed: No data available

I cleaned some files on the host and now i get another error when i try to backup..

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

/var/log is used for a variety of things (including backups).
The fact this filesystem is not mounted means anything written to /var/log will actually be on the root filesystem.
With only 50gb allocated to the root filesystem, a backup will never successfully complete.

Which means, ultimately, you need to solve the problem of why /var/log isn't mounting.
You can try something like an fsck -y /var/log to see what happens (will repair all errors).
To preserve the existing contents of /var/log, you probably need to do something like:

mv /var/log /var/log.old
mkdir -m 755 /var/log
chown admin:root /var/log

Then try and mount again.
If none of this works, I suggest engaging with the TAC.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@PhoneBoy is correct. I also find it odd /var/log is not even showing, so definitely not mounted on the system itself.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events