Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DZ_KB
Collaborator
Jump to solution

CPUSE upgrade gateway R77 to R80.X: CoreXL D-dispatcher, Sim affinity, Hyperthreading SMT, MQueue

Hi all,

I have to upgrade gateways R77.X to R80.X via cpuse upgrade.

Do you know if after my upgrade i will need to reconfigure CoreXL dynamique dispatcher, sim affinity , Hyperthreading SMT, MQueue ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

N.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The defaults for all of these things are different in R80.40 (enabled by default on supported platforms/interfaces).
Dynamic Dispatcher is on by default from R80.10.
SIM affinity in particular has an automatic allocation mechanism that doesn't require a reboot in R80.40, but this is disabled if you ever change the affinity on your own.

For the other versions, I believe the configuration to enable these things should be preserved.

View solution in original post

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @DZ_KB,
I would look at all settings again, that's quickly done. This article can help you with that:
R80.x Architecture and Performance Tuning - Link Collection 
or
R80.x - Top 20 Gateway Tuning Tips

Much has changed in architecture between R77 and R80.40, you should take a look at this:
Performance Tuning R80.40 Administration Guide

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The defaults for all of these things are different in R80.40 (enabled by default on supported platforms/interfaces).
Dynamic Dispatcher is on by default from R80.10.
SIM affinity in particular has an automatic allocation mechanism that doesn't require a reboot in R80.40, but this is disabled if you ever change the affinity on your own.

For the other versions, I believe the configuration to enable these things should be preserved.
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @DZ_KB,
I would look at all settings again, that's quickly done. This article can help you with that:
R80.x Architecture and Performance Tuning - Link Collection 
or
R80.x - Top 20 Gateway Tuning Tips

Much has changed in architecture between R77 and R80.40, you should take a look at this:
Performance Tuning R80.40 Administration Guide

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events