cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ftopacho
Explorer

Blocking an object

Dear team,

I need your assistance. A few days back, one of my servers was affected. It stopped receiving internet. I can’t ping 8.8.8.8. There’s a NAT between the local IP NATTED to the Public IP.

I decided to change the IP of the server to a new IP address. I was able to ping 8.8.8.8. When I go to the firewall and change the object IP address to the new IP address of the server, I realize that am unable to ping 8.8.8.8.

Within the same rule, there are other objects that are not affected at all yet they also have similar configurations.

So this leaves me thinking, it’s like this object has been blocked by the checkpoint firewall and why is it blocked???

How can I find out and also restore the object???

Your contributions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Without knowing the precise changes you made  your precise network configuration, the version/JHF level, etc, it's difficult to say what is actually happening here.

What precise changes did you make?
If you don't know, you should be able to see in the Audit logs exactly what changes were made.
That should also help you configure your system back to the way it was previously.

If you are on R80.40 or above, you can revert the entire configuration database back to what it was before you made the change (however, that causes all current changes to be lost).
See also: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Policy-Management/R80-Change-Control-A-Visual-Guide/td-p/39702 

0 Kudos
Ftopacho
Explorer

No changes were made at all. This happened from the blue.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We still don't your precise network configuration, your access and NAT policy, the version/JHF level, etc.
Anything in the logs?
Have you look at any packet captures with fw monitor or tcpdump?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events