cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Mueller
Collaborator

Block File upload to cloud storage

Hi,

We move from an McAfee Proxy to Checkpoint (transparent proxy) and I have to block the possibility to upload files to any cloud storage providers (Google Drive, Dropbox... a.s.o).. I've tried it with the application control and block for example Dropbix with the attached rule (this also wont work).. but I have to block all storage provider.. is there a way to do this?

Br

robert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Some of these applications require enabling HTTPS Inspection.

Have you done that in this case?

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

You may get some of it done without HTTPS inspection by looking at the Certificates.

Application & URL Filtering => Advanced => Engine Settings:

Make sure you enable Categorize HTTPS sites if you do NOT enable HTTPS inspection!

And make sure you do NOT use it if you use HTTPS inspection!

But keep in mind that there is no way to distinguish between Google Drive, YouTube or any other Google service as they all use the same certificate. (Rather cheap Google!)

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
Kannansr
Explorer

Hi Team,

Google API upload & download to be blocked as per Cymulate Security Assessment. But, Checkpoint categories have Google services, if I added google services under block rule, All other sites (That fall under GoogleServices )Included Google API urls blocked.  What is best way (Recommended Best Practice) to block Google APIs urls in Checpoint ?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events