Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_C
Participant
Jump to solution

Automatically convert VSX HA to VSLS during upgrade?

So... I read this in the Release Notes for R81.10:

UpgradeNoteHAtoVSLS.jpg

(https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_RN/Topics-RN/Supported-Upgr...

From that I was under the impression that an upgrade from R80.20 (kernel 2.6) to R81.10 would automatically convert the VSX cluster to VSLS. I tested this on a few gateways in a lab but after the upgrade, using central deployment in SmartConsole, the VSX cluster is still in HA mode. Did I understand the statement in the Notes wrong ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi all, I finally got feedback from R&D. The statement in RN is incorrect, we will fix it soon. Thanks for bringing it up.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

That is what happened after an VSX upgrade from R80.30 to R81.10 last year: still HA. We had to convert manually after suggestion from TAC to convert from HA to VSLS due to problems. HA after upgrade seems to be some kind of half-baked supported. 😉

Tobias_C
Participant

Ok...Thanks!

...so that means I'm not totally stupid 😄

(I did convert the cluster after the upgrade with no issues)

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Tobias_C lol

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi all, I finally got feedback from R&D. The statement in RN is incorrect, we will fix it soon. Thanks for bringing it up.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

From sk180180:

VSX: Starting R81.10, VSLS is the only supported mode for new installations. Upgrade to R81.10 from earlier versions that use High Availability is supported. The change delivers a single unified model (Virtual System High Availability is one use case of the VSLS mode).

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events