cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Any way to extend hit count to more than 2 years?

Hey guys,

Happy New Year!

Just curious, is there any way to extend the hit count to more than 2 years? I had customer asked me that recently, but I dont see option in global properties more than 2 years, thats the longest.

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Does not appear it would be possible based as per below doc.

Andy

https://downloads.checkpoint.com/fileserver/SOURCE/direct/ID/125834/FILE/CP_R81.20_Quantum_SecurityM...

Keep Hit Count data up to - Select one of the time range options. The default is 3 months.
Data is kept in the Security Management Server database for this period and is shown in the
Hits column.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Does not appear it would be possible based as per below doc.

Andy

https://downloads.checkpoint.com/fileserver/SOURCE/direct/ID/125834/FILE/CP_R81.20_Quantum_SecurityM...

Keep Hit Count data up to - Select one of the time range options. The default is 3 months.
Data is kept in the Security Management Server database for this period and is shown in the
Hits column.

0 Kudos
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

Hi Andy,

beside what SmartConsole offers, it looks like it could be possible when reading the comment on the corresponding database field (0 = keep forever):

Maybe you can give it a try. Not supported of course, unless stated otherwise 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Tobias,

Happy New Year!

Is this some value in Guidbedit you are referring to? If so, please be free to share and I will be happy to try it.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

There was a screenshot in my post, but the forum software didn't published it 😞

Here again, this time as attachment.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, good catch, I cant believe I missed that when I did search the other day, its clear I did it wrong : - )

Anyway, I just set it to 0, installed policy, but now appears farthest it goes is Jan 2/ 2022. Lets check in few days.

Thanks again!

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Tobias,

Just to update you, this sadly did not make a difference. I also asked the same one of my friends from CP esc. team and he said this also does not work, plus its not supported anyway, so not a big deal really, I was more curious, though I sort of knew the answer : - )

Thanks again for all your help and best wishes in 2024!

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events