cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharma_Prashant
Participant

Adding 2nd HDD to VM for upgradation

Hi Team,

In my test lab I tried upgrading the GW from r77 to r77.30 and got error of "insufficient space" . So I added the 2nd HDD (21 GB) in the VM and followed the "sk94671-How to add hardware resources, such as log storage, to a VMware Virtual Machine running Gaia OS"

I have added the /dev/sda ..and it was recognized by the GAIA. Using the lvm_manager , I could able to extend the "lv_current" partition to 18 GB . But still I am getting the same message upgrading through "CPUSE".

Please let me know if I am missing anything which is required.

I have attached the screenshot for reference..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is really more of an https://community.checkpoint.com/community/infinity-general/appliances-and-gaia?sr=search&searchId=9...‌ question.

FYI, you can attach graphical screenshots (preferable to attaching them in a Word doc).

If the drive is a VM anyway, why not merely add 20GB to the existing drive and extend the partitions accordingly?

In any case, 40GB total seems like a small amount of disk space.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

My choice would be to export the lot and create a new machine.

Getting you partitions right is probably not worth the effort.

I guess you can live with a fresh machine without historical logs.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
Sharma_Prashant
Participant

So I can conclude that  " sk94671-How to add hardware resources, such as log storage, to a VMware Virtual Machine running Gaia OS" is of no use...!!!

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

It has it's uses. But always way the impact versus the time involved.

I have used it in some customer cases as they don't want to loose 2 years worth of log files. But in my lab? I could not care less about them.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Sharma_Prashant
Participant

kindly suggest me if I missed any thing during adding the 2nd HDD..

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events