Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Art_DeKneef
Participant

What remote access client version to 600 series

Trying to learn about setting up VOIP for clients. Since I had a 600 series laying around I thought I would try using that to start. So I set it up and see what I needed to learn. I know it's old but it's available while I try this out.

This is on a test network so I don't mess up the production network. VOIP provider is Allstream.

Issue is when I try to remote access into it using the IP addressx.x.x.x:4434 I get the response "The site does not support the use of this client".  Remote Access Client is R86.60 on a Windows 10 Pro v22H2 laptop. What client do I need to use that will work? I'm downloading R81.40 to see if that will work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I could not find a specific document as far as what is max version client for specific firewall, but 600 is older model, so I doubt anything E86.xx or even E84.xx may work, but give it a go. Maybe call TAC to verify if there is this info available.

0 Kudos
Art_DeKneef
Participant

I tried R81.40 and get the same message. Looking for older client now. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Shoot...but I guess it makes sense, since that model cant run any version of software older than R77.20.xx I believe.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should be able to use E86.60.
Port 4434 is used for the WebUI and cannot  be used for Remote Access.
Only port 443 is supported for Remote Access.

Art_DeKneef
Participant

I would have hoped R86.60 would work. But so far it doesn't. I can connect to other 700 series and 1530 devices without issue. So far every remote access client I have tried has failed to connect.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What version is the Gateway installed with and which license is used?

If I recall a valid license has an entitlement for between 5-20 Mobile Access depending on the specific 600 model used.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Art_DeKneef
Participant

The current firmware is R77.20.80 (990172392) and there is no license on it. It was on the shelf collecting dust when I thought I could use it to get some experience with VOIP through Check Point firewalls. I wasn't expecting to have this issue at all as it was working fine when it was replaced.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its possible then based on what phoneboy said that maybe something with config on 600 appliance is wrong. I assumed since its older model that maybe newer VPN clients dont work. I missed the part in your post about the port number, you would connect via VPN on port 443, NOT 4434, thats for web GUI as @PhoneBoy indicated.

0 Kudos
Art_DeKneef
Participant

I'll check the settings again one more time but I have been over them three times already. As far as I can tell everything is correct. I started with a reset to the device, did initial configuration and verified Internet access. Then configured remote access user and then tried to connect.

I will say in my attempts, one time it did show the accept the certificate page but then ended with does not support this client. Every other time I get the site is not responding.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok...just to be 100% sure, you are connecting to vpn site on port 443 and NOT 4434, correct?

0 Kudos
Art_DeKneef
Participant

Yes. I have tried the IP address with and without 443. I'll look at it more later when I get back from visiting clients. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events