Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerritd
Explorer

Multiple local networks

Hi Guys, I have a question with a checkpoint 730 config I am hoping someone can help.

I have a 730 firewall with primary internet in ( say IP 1.1.1.1 ) , Secondary as a fail over on DMZ port ( say IP 2.2.2.2 )

Local Network is lan 1 ( Say IP 3.3.3.3 ). Now here is where I am stuck, I have another network I need to access from internal and external ( Say IP 4.4.4.4 )

I connected the microtik router on Lan 6 but I can not ping 4.4.4.4 from inside 3.3.3.3. I have assigned Lan6 to 4.4.4.4 but I still cant ping from 3.3.3.3

If I setup a Vlan1 will I be able to have access from 3.3.3.3 to 4.4.4.4 or what is the correct way to do this?

regards

Gerrit

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Update GW topology and FW policy according to the change. 

0 Kudos
gerritd
Explorer

Thank you, I am pretty new with the config of this. Some pointers or more in depth explanation would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is the 4.4.4.4 network behind your Mikrotik router?
What IP got assigned to the Mikrotik router when it was connected to the LAN of the 730?
You will need to create a static route for this network on the 730 that points to the IP of the Mikrotik as a next hop.
If that's not the situation, please provide a complete network diagram with IPS and netmasks.
0 Kudos
gerritd
Explorer

Hi Guys, Thanks, I will get the info soonest. I am not on site at the moment. I got hold of the company responsable for the microtik . I dont have access to that router so I am relying on the other company.

Yes 4.4.4.4 is vlan configured on the microtik from the details I have so far. 4.4.4.4 is for the voip system. I am thinking of creating port 6 as a vlan 4.4.4.4 and let the 730 handle the voip vlan.

I will send all info as soon as I get it

regards

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events