cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khineminn
Participant

CheckPoint SMB Licensing

Dear All,

I'm seeking clarification on CP SMB licensing. Currently, we exclusively utilize the IPsec VPN feature, and the license status for CPSB-VPN indicates it has never expired. However, other licenses are nearing expiration.

Given that we solely rely on the IPsec VPN feature, I am inclined to believe that extending the license may not be necessary. Could you please provide guidance on this matter?"

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Remote Access or Site-to-site  IPSec VPN?

It otherwise seems your appliance has coverage for NGFW features until 2026.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
khineminn
Participant

Only Site-to-site  IPSec VPN

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

So long as the appliance is still under a valid support agreement you should be OK.

(Assuming you want to be able to upgrade versions)

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with Chris, but to be 100% sure, I would verify with Account services folks. Just give them a ring, provide the account number and they can check right away.

Andy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Firewall and VPN licenses (Site-to-Site and Remote Access) should be perpetually licensed to the appliance.
The other blades require a contract to be active.

BikeMan
Contributor

Ipsec vpn lic does not expires.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I feel kind of stupid for not knowing this, considering how long I been around CP, though as I always say, if I lived 1000 years, I would never fully understand licensing structure lol

Anyway, as @emmap explained it brilliantly in recent post, licences NEVER expire, unless its trial or eval, only contracts have to be renewed.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events