cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimV
Participant

Windows 11 - status

Hi all,

Did anyone already try to get something running on Windows 11?

Am I correct to state it's not yet supported on E85.30?
When will it be supported?
Anyone encountered any issues with the VPN client?

Love to hear your thoughts, tests, results.

Thx
Tim

0 Kudos
20 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

E85.40 will support Windows 11.
We plan to release this version in the coming days

TimV
Participant

Nice!

Will report back with my results.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
lordbyte
Explorer

Are we sure that 85.40 supports Win 11? 

I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled it multiple times, setup seems to complete without errors, but in reality it never gets to install vna_ap.  

System log shows entries with "The Check Point Security VPN service depends on the following service: vna_ap. This service might not be installed" - which indeed it is not.

I have followed the solution suggesting to add DeviceInstallDisabled DWORD into HKLM/System/CCS/Services/DeviceInstall/Parameters and then try to remove/re-install vna_ap on the command line after rebooting, however no go - I get the following error running 

vna_utils.exe -ap vna dev install netvna.inf cp_apvna

////

vna::_cpNTopen: Unable to open '\\.\vna_ap': The system cannot find the file specified.

installing vna_inst_util_install_win: called with inf netvna.inf for hwid cp_apvna

vna_inst_util_install_win: running class installer

vna_inst_util_install_win: UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices failed (hwid 'cp_apvna')(inf_path 'netvna.inf')(flags 1) (class_guid ''), (class_name 'Net') err: 0x103

make sure vna_coinstall.dll exists

Check Point Virtual Network Adapter:Failed to install device

/////

vna_coinstall.dll does indeed exist in the same directory as vna_utils.exe

Any ideas? All this is on Windows 11 ARM 22471.1000, running in Parallels Desktop 17 / Mac mini M1.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_Sazonov
Employee
Employee

@lordbyte 

Running Remote Access client on ARM is not supported .

0 Kudos
lordbyte
Explorer

Thanks - is there a timeline for compatibility?

Meantime I assume I can use Check point Capsule VPN app from the Windows Store, as I understand it's just a wrapper for Win's VPN functions?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The Capsule VPN app from the Windows Store should work just fine.
If you need ARM-based versions of our Endpoint suite (including Remote Access), best to engage your local Check Point office with the requirement.

0 Kudos
Mark_Edwards
Contributor

Hi, recently installed the Capsule client on my Windows 11 laptop and get an "Arg_NullReferenceException" error.

I know of a few other users that recently upgraded to Windows 11 getting the same error.

Windows 10 Capsule users connecting to the same VPN site can connect plus anyone using the Mobile client. 

Anyone experience the same?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi Mark,

If you have contacted TAC about this issue please share the SR number in private.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
tahgn
Explorer

I'm also trying to get ARM64 to work. 
Using E85.40 does not work.

I'm running windows 11 on a M1 Pro mac, and I'm at a dead-end.

0 Kudos
(1)
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Unfortunately ARM isn't supported, please discuss the need (RFE) with your local SE.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
David_Ulloa
Contributor

I have a Surface Pro X with ARM and have use for a couple years now the Check Point Capsule client with no issues

0 Kudos
Peter_Baumann
Contributor

Hi all,

I found the solution. I also use Windows 11 in Parallels on Mac M1.
Use the "Check Point Capsule VPN" from Microsoft App Store, this will also be integrated into the standard VPN settings of Windows 11.

It works perfectly.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's for VPN only, of course.
Full Endpoint on ARM on Windows would require an RFE and should be discussed with your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
kshetline
Explorer

I tried the "Check Point Capsule VPN", as you suggested, and I can, in a way, connect to my company's VPN. But beyond obtaining an IP address on the VPN, nothing else happens. No internet traffic goes over the VPN and the VPN doesn't do any DNS resolution for me.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
GeorgeK
Explorer

We experienced the exact same problem yesterday. For the past 3 years we use capsule with no problems at all, it's fast and very friendly for our users to use.  We received two new laptops, windows 10 were installed, capsule worked as expected.  We upgraded to windows 11 and while we were able to connect to our network,  with capsule, they get ip and can ping but nothing else happens, we couldn't use remote desktop, have access to shared folders or anything else we have set up internally.  We have tested other laptops (different brands and models) with windows 11, we did not encounter the same behavior.  We checked every possible setting, services, windows defender firewall settings, installed the firewall we use on our clients, everything was set up correctly. Problem was solved by installing E86.50 Check Point Remote Access VPN Client, everything then worked properly.  We also tried capsule after the installation of 86.50 client and everything works fine. We unistalled 86.50 and tried again capsule and the problem reappears, so for the time being the solution for us for those two laptops for vpn connection to work properly is to download and install the 86.50 client and connect with it or also use capsule after 86.50 client is installed (we disable of course auto connect).

0 Kudos
Artemiy
Explorer

Have you figured out how to run it on Windows 11 on arm?

0 Kudos
randolchen
Participant

I just made the update to Win11 and tested the E85.40 (85.40.2076)... so far so good, is working very well for me. Here are my specs and blades for reference. As you notice, I'm also running Harmony Connect. So far, no issues at all, also no performance degradation.

2021-10-24_12-53-00.png

RChen
kusch445
Explorer

Whats about Windows 11 and HTTPS VPN Portal/ SNX?

No hints at Remote Access FAQ covering IPSec and HTTPS portal based VPN solutions (checkpoint.com) for upcoming news.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's in the roadmap but the timelines haven't been finalized.
If this is a requirement for you, please reach out to your local office.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events