cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Troubleshooting Remote VPN Blade

Hi,

I have a reasonably simple question; does documentation exist which describes or at least helps an administrator parse the contents of CPinfo, specifically related to the "EPC" (Endpoint Connect) directory component of Harmony Endpoint?

I've recently received a case where the end user experiences intermittent issues with their VPN, but I'm struggling to make heads or tails from the logs provided.

Regards,

Luka

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Thanks! This will be a helpful tool in the future, but does it also apply to the cpinfo gathered from Endpoints?
I'm not entirely sure which file I'm supposed to open in the tool; the "cpinfo.HostName.TimeDate.zip" format file doesn't open; is there a specific thing I need to find in the extracted directory?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What is the precise nature of the issue?
VPN issues generally require specific debugging steps to be performed which won’t show up in cpinfo necessarily (on either client or server end).

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Supposedly an end user experienced issues with VPN connectivity whilst in-office (though connecting to a partner site), but the VPN functioned fine while working from home.

I'm guessing the issue is more than likely located elsewhere on the office network since VPN issues are practically unheard of in our environment otherwise.
But I still have to eliminate the suspicion of it being an EPS fault (as is usually the case with basically every issue ever).

So knowing some basic parsing skills for Endpoint Connect logs would at least let me say with a degree of confidence "hey, I don't see any stand out errors".

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Like I said, issues with an active VPN connection won't necessarily show in the logs collected by cpinfo.
Specific debugging must be enabled, which I believe must be done on the gateway side of things.
You can do some packet captures from the client as well: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events