Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Air
Contributor
Jump to solution

Split tunnel and exclude subnets

Hi Team.

I have one SMS and two RA GW. The first RA GW configured that send into vpn tunnel only needed subnets other traffic send to local ISP.  The second GW configured that send all traffic into vpn tunnel and exclude some subnets to local ISP. 

But now I have problem when user connect to the first GW, they received route that configured on the second GW. But on the 1st GW configure correct VPN Domain and user must receive route  to vpn tunnel for some subnets.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Air
Contributor

Problem was decided when remove MEP in the file trac.defaults . Disable MEP from GW side did not work

View solution in original post

17 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

By design, when you “add new site” you get information about all VPN gateways managed by the same SMS.
Version/JHF level along with a diagram of what you’re trying to achieve will help tremendously.

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

Version: R81.10 Take 150.

I installed two different RA GW, disable MEP.

And I want when users connect to first RA GW only office subnets route to vpn tunnel and other traffic through local ISP.

And when user connect to second RA GW all traffic route to vpn.

Now when user connect to first RA VPN that all traffic route to vpn and ignore VPN Domains for this GW.

I configured different VPN Domains.

Subnets that need route on first and second RA GW overlaps, because second RA GW route all traffic to vpn.

Is it possible using one SMS have two different rule for RA VPN?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There's an SK that covers this specific scenario: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk111995 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Interesting...never recall having to follow this sk before.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think if you read below link ,it will clear certain things up. Specially section that talkes about IMPLICIT mep...

Andy

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.20_GA/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.20_RemoteAccessVPN_AdminGuid...

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

I read this. MEP is disabled.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So please answer this question...how are enc domains configured? Is it overlapping or they have seperate subnets/groups? This info is IMPORTANT.

Andy

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

VPN-SINet-Subnets has list of subnets

ED-remoteaccess has All-Internet-group 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In such case, document says to follow ttm file to be manual, ie domains are NOT overlapping, which they are not in your case. I had done this for customers before and we followed exactly what it shows in the link I sent you, no issues.

Andy

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

I am not sure that understood.

Now I have config ttm file:

automatic_mep_topology - false

mep_mode - dns_based

enable_gw_resolving - true

And nothing worked

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will check in the morning, as I have this working in the lab. Make sure to follow al the steps from that document, it works 100%.

Andy

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

Problem was decided when remove MEP in the file trac.defaults . Disable MEP from GW side did not work

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats what document was indicating as well.

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

In the document indicated on GW side (need edit file on GW), I removed on client side (edit client file).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never had to do that myself...what are versions of the gw/client?

Andy

0 Kudos
Air
Contributor

GW - R81.10 Take 150, Client 88.30 and 86.50

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Done it with those versions, NEVER have I had to modify anything on the client side.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events