Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raine_Widjeskog
Participant
Jump to solution

Some VPN clients (windows 7) fail to get correct ip address in office mode

Hi,

Running a small cluster of 2 R80.10 SG3100 firewalls. I tried to install some VPN clients on customer computers yesterday, and I got really weird IP address assignments on the clients. One got a 192.168.0.x address and the other a 172.x.x.x address. It's configured to give out admin ip's from manual gateway-defined IP-pools (192.168.3.x) and restricted addresses from ipassignment.conf (192.168.4.x). All of this is working correctly for admin/restricted users on 2 Windows 10 laptops, but 2 different Windows 7 laptops have the issue that they are getting weird addresses.

I'm running E80.64 client on all laptops.

Any idea how to troubleshoot? Just try and install a more recent client version? Could not find much fixed issues in E80.80 release notes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Has nothing to do with being Windows 7, SecuRemote does not support Office Mode at at all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Raine_Widjeskog
Participant

One other thing : I also tried disabling the manual IP pools, so that only the restricted 192.168.4.x addresses would be assigned from ipassignment.conf, but this did not change anything on the 2 Windows 7 laptops where i wanted to assign these addresses.

0 Kudos
Raine_Widjeskog
Participant

Hi, managed to reproduce this issue on a third windows 7 computer. It seems older operating systems do not work well with the "basic" securemote installation option. With the "endpoint security VPN" installation option even older windows 7 computers seem to get the correct IP.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Has nothing to do with being Windows 7, SecuRemote does not support Office Mode at at all.

0 Kudos
Raine_Widjeskog
Participant

So it would seem. Funny thing i never thought of it since office mode has at least for me worked quite OK with securemote on Windows 10. So in practice - yes it does have something to do with Windows versions Smiley Happy But it did indeed say in the manual this is not supported.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events