cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyDan
Contributor

Solved: LDAP authentication fails after service account password change

Hi all

The service account password for the LDAP account unit was updated in AD. I was given the new password and updated it by going to LDAP Account Unit > Servers > Update Account Credentials. Then I installed policy but still could not login to VPN using AD credentials. 

Afterwards, I fetched fingerprints by going to LDAP Account Unit > Servers > Server Properties > Encryption > Fetch then I installed policy but still could not login to VPN using AD credentials.

The AD Query status is green and I know the password is correct. It only contains alphanumeric characters. The only thing that changed is that the password expired and was updated but simply refreshing the credentials in CP has not helped.

Solution: I disabled Identity Awareness on the mgmt and gateways and then re-enabled it. CP prompts you for the service account when enabling IA so updating it there solved it. However, how do you change the service account password for IA without disabling and enabling it again? Updating the password only in the LDAP account unit is not enough.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
skandshus
Advisor
Advisor

You sure the Account isnt "disabled" or somehow prevented from signing in because of the earlier password expire? hence blocking the GW from "accessing" even though it can validate correct password?

0 Kudos
RickyDan
Contributor

Hello, the account is enabled and working. If it were disabled then AD query status would not be showing green.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events