SNX: Authentication failed

I am trying to connect to a VPN but it's not working I am using ubuntu 20.04

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

CLI support for Linux (and Mac) was provided through a special build of SNX provided here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
This is the only publicly available SNX build that supports access from the CLI.
If you need a different SNX client that supports the CLI, please work with your local Check Point office.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

"Authentication failed" means user credentials are not working.

0 Kudos
arsi
Explorer

that is not it because when I use the same credentials from a windows machine it works fine

0 Kudos
arsi
Explorer

The credentials are ok because when I connect from a windows machine it works fine.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
arsi
Explorer

is there going to be an update for Ubuntu 20.04?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of our precise plans here.
Recommend raising the issue through your local Check Point office.

We support using the StrongSWAN client with R81+ gateways but your admins will have to perform specific configuration to support this.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will ask one of my colleagues about this, as I know he made it work for a customer on same OS version.

0 Kudos
OrenSarid
Explorer

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I upgraded my SNX client from 800007116 to 800008303 as part of our attempt to move from on-prem to cloud, using the shell script provided by CheckPoint - and now I cannot connect to the old VPN (on-prem) with authentication failed. Obviously, my OS (Ubuntu 20.04) didn't change, and I was connected with it for over a year. So the not supported OS seems wrong here.

0 Kudos
RuiRibeiro
Contributor

Coming late to the party, but for people visiting the thread: Checkpoint/SNX does not support logins/working from the Linux command line anymore. 

Got to do it with SNX+Cshell agents installed+a browser.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

CLI support for Linux (and Mac) was provided through a special build of SNX provided here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
This is the only publicly available SNX build that supports access from the CLI.
If you need a different SNX client that supports the CLI, please work with your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
Ratatui
Explorer

Is there an instruction ?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please start with sk65210, and let me know if you need any further assistance.

0 Kudos
RuiRibeiro
Contributor

got instruction+a script for automating it.

Please visit https://github.com/ruyrybeyro/chrootvpn

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events