cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcorrea
Explorer

Endpoint Security for Windows using SSL instead of IPsec

Hi All,

Not sure if this is expected however as per the documentation, the Endpoint Security client should use IPsec to connect to the remote access VPN service and is supposed to require the following licenses:

Required Licenses - The IPsec VPN Software Blade on the gateway, an Endpoint Container license, and an Endpoint VPN Software Blade license on the Security Management Server.

However every time a user connects to the firewall over the VPN, the connection is made over SSL and if more than 5 users are connected, the 6th user gets an error regarding no Office Mode license in the firewall.

I am sorry if the question is very silly however I come from a Cisco world and Checkpoint is fairly new to me so not sure where the issue lies.

Thanks in advanced for the assistance.

Leo.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of the client is installed?
And what variant, as there are three when you install?
Also, are you using Mobile Access Blade or not?

0 Kudos
lcorrea
Explorer

Hi PhoneBoy,

Thank you so much for replying, we are using Endpoint Security version E81.40, in regards of the variant, we are using the full one which contains VPN, Endpoint Security, Identity Awareness and all that.

In regards to the Mobile Access Blade, yes, it is enabled on our firewall.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you using Mobile Access for other purposes?
Because for IPsec VPN it is not actually required.
That said you need to have Endpoint licenses.
What precise licenses are installed?
Output of cplic print from management and gateway with sensitive details masked would be helpful.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events