Did you mean: 

R81.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take #110 has been released today

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 22 2,526

eranzo_0-1690730527718.jpeg

Hi All,

R81.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take #110 has been released today, and is available for download.

Please note the following:

•        Availability:

o   Available to download the via Jumbo documentation R81.10

o   Available for download via CPUSE by using package identifier.

o   Can be provided by customer support

Content included in this take:

• List of resolved issues in this take can be found in the Jumbo documentation R81.10

New: Starting from R80.40, Central Deployment allows you to perform a batch deployment of Hotfixes on your Security Gateways and clusters from SmartConsole!!

For more information, see sk168597.

Thanks,

Release Operations Group

22 Comments
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Had some issues in R81.10 lab and this jumbo fixed it...woot woot : - )

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

i just this saturday patched our mds to take 109 to have with latest management fixed and on sunday you release take 110 with another big batch of improvements.. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Martin_Valenta ...well, it is brand new though, so give it some time : - )

CaseyB
Collaborator

Still patiently waiting for PRJ-46251. 🙂

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@CaseyB Not sure what issue that is, but definitely not included.

Andy

CaseyB
Collaborator
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah I see. Well, maybe it will be included in next jumbo, hopefully.

Andy

Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Woo hoo!  Looks like at long last, the IPS Bypass Under Load feature will actually be usable and not result in IPS being disabled essentially all the time on a modern gateway:

PRJ-46941,
TPP-3290

Threat Prevention

UPDATE: IPS bypass triggers will now be activated based on the average CPU load exceeding the high threshold, as opposed to the previous implementation, where a single CPU load triggered the bypass. The change will result in more effective security measures without unnecessary bypasses.

Scottc98
Advisor

Wow....thats a lot of fixes in one release 🙂     I hope that it goes GA soon so I get less pushback when trying to update production 😉

Agree with @Timothy_Hall  last post here.....the IPS bypass looks like it can actually be used now 😉

Really happy to see this fix included and going to try to update my home lab this week:

PRJ-44745,
PMTR-90616

VSX

Virtual System's interfaces may be missing when running the Clish command "show/save configuration".

Does anyone know if that same limitation exists today in R81.20 or is that something coming in a future release....especially with R81.20 going 'recommended' yesterday 🙂

Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Allowing to tag rules and sections is a welcome addition.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Scottc98 Yes, IPS bypass feature, finally good news about it : - )

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

@Scottc98 The VSX limitation listed shouldn't be relevant in R81.20 to my knowledge.

Scottc98
Advisor

Thanks @Chris_Atkinson  

That was truly an annoying discovery of the interfaces missing so 100% want that back before going to prod.

Scottc98
Advisor

Anyone know if the IPS bypass 'fix' is already included in R81.20?   Don't want to assume but also don't see it listed in any current or future R81.20 jumbo release notes.  

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Scottc98 Personally, I would be surprised if it was not included...but, lets someone from CP confirm officially.

Andy

Shayst10
Employee
Employee

CaseyB, regarding PRJ-46251, we are aware of the issue and actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Once the fix is completed, we will deliver it to both MT and all the relevant JHFs.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good news @Shayst10 

CaseyB
Collaborator

@Shayst10 - Thank you for the update, much appreciated! Are you able to elaborate on the process anymore? I ask because according to sk170857 there is a hotfix available for the issue, but it is not yet included in the JHF. Are hotfixes coded differently and need to be re-written to qualify to be included in a JHF or is it just a matter of vetting the code to verify it can be in a JHF with no issues? Or something else entirely?

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I find it odd that people even have issue described in  sk170857. I did this even back in R80.40 version and never had a problem. Never happened in R81.10 or R81.20

Andy

MeravAlon
Employee
Employee

@Scottc98 

Regarding your question on IPS bypass fix, it will be released as part of our next R81.20 Jumbo. 

Regards

Merav

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for update @MeravAlon 

Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Regarding the IPS bypass, VSX is not mentioned. I have asked our diamond engineer, but could you elaborate here for all to know.

Will IPS be bypassed per Virtual System or is this not supported?

/Henrik

Labels