Did you mean: 

R81.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New GA Take #78

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 16 4,599

eranzo_0-1666191068674.jpeg

Hi All,

R81.10 Jumbo HF Take #78 is now our GA take (replacing take 66) and is available for download to all via CPUSE (as recommended) and via Jumbo documentation ( R81.10

Full list of resolved issues can be found in the Jumbo documentation ( R81.10

New: Starting from R80.40, Central Deployment allows you to perform a batch deployment of Hotfixes on your Security Gateways and clusters from SmartConsole!!

For more information, see sk168597.

Thanks,

Release Operations group

16 Comments
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Did 75 ever go GA ?

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

@ptuttle_2 

No - Not all individual takes will go GA, you can review the list of GA vs Ongoing takes here:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/jumbo_hfa/r81.10/r81.10/r81.10-list-of-all-resolved-issues.htm

Ted_Serreyn
Collaborator

Backup is definately broken on this release,  I'm also seeing some errors on disk space on threat extraction which may also be related.

from clish:

sns-fw1> backup local interactive
Creating backup package. Press CTRL+C to exit from interactive mode
In order for the backup to be effective you should copy the file outside the machine.
Performing backup
local backup has failed.
Cannot complete the backup process: not enough space in /var/log/CPbackup/backups .

Backup operation failed.

however disk is fine:

# df -k
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_current 33538048 11320496 22217552 34% /
/dev/sda1 297485 71357 210768 26% /boot
tmpfs 8075068 7080 8067988 1% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_log 75460608 11804772 63655836 16% /var/log

ticket opened with TAC, although I may have set the priortity a bit low.

Just had another report on disk space issues that may be related to same error above.

threatextractionerror.png

UPDATE:  second issue with Threat Extraction WAS a disk space issue and is not related to this JHF.

Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ted_Serreyn,

We are checking the issue and update once we have a solution.

Thanks,

Gregory

Piet_vd_Maas
Contributor

Anyone knows of the backup issue is also related to SCP backup?

ptuttle_2
Contributor

Not sure if this backup problem is the same as the snapshot problem where it would get to 99% then disappear or not start at all in some cases.  We also could not take a backup when this happened. 

R&D sent us a new file  "au.cpbak". This fixed it when we were on Jumbo 55.  We went to jumbo 66 and the problem re-appeared.  I re-applied the file and followed the steps to correct it but I have not gone to any newer Jumbo's

Change the au.cpbak in this folder : /var/CPsnapshot/schemes/ with the one provided in the SFTP: au.cpbak
rm /tmp/.lock.backup_restore
umount /mnt/backup
rm -rf /mnt/backup
if /var/log/BKPAutoUpdater exist run:{}
unlink /var/log/BKPAutoUpdater
rm -rf /var/log/BKPAutoUpdater

Dov_Fraivert
Employee
Employee

@Piet_vd_Maas 

The space in /var/log/CPbackup/backups related to local storage of the backup.
Have you encountered a problem with SCP backup?

Ted_Serreyn
Collaborator

I believe the scp backup still runs local and then copies it off using scp.

yep, same error:

backup scp ip 1.1.1.1 path / username myscpuser interactive password ***
Creating backup package. Press CTRL+C to exit from interactive mode
Performing scp backup
scp backup has failed.
Cannot complete the backup process: not enough space in /var/log/CPbackup/backups .

Backup operation failed.

erann
Contributor

Regarding sk168597 :

This is what im getting.

R81.10

Image 30.png

Piet_vd_Maas
Contributor

@Dov_Fraivert 

Just checking the impact of the issues to figure out if JHF T78 GA was the way to go for our customers.
With this information I'll skip this take for now.

Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

Hi @erann 

Regarding you issue - please check sk167935 to see if it fixes your issue

Thanks,
Gregory

erann
Contributor

"Update the Gaia OS configuration database by running the following script"

From the SK.

Should this be run on the MGMT server only or also on the gateways?

Thanks! 

Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

@erann - on the MGMT machine 

yaird
Employee
Employee

Hi All,
My name is Yair Danieli, a team leader in Check Point RnD. I would like to explain the issue discussed in this thread.

In some scenarios, when Threat Emulation Blade is enabled, a backup on a Gaia device may fail with the following error: "Cannot complete the backup process: not enough space".

This issue is caused due to a new Threat Emulation update (version: 59.990001349) released during the last 2 weeks, it is not related to the Jumbo releases

The root cause is a new directory that was not excluded from the backup process.

To resolve the issue, please follow sk180181

Issue will be resolved in the next Threat Emulation release.

I would like to thank you for pointing us to this issue

Thanks,

Yair Danieli
Advanced Threat Prevention Platforms team leader
Check Point

APT_Protection
Participant

Hi,

the last Update for sk95235( Threat Emulation Engine Release Updates ) was back in May.

Is it possible to add the latest engine versions with a changelog?

br

Ronny

APT_Protection
Participant

Hi,

we experience some problems with two of our gateways after a upgrade to R81.10 Take 78. This problem occurs at the moment only on our Gateways with ThreatExtraction enabled. On our other Gateways only with ThreatEmulation, this error hasnt occured yet. Im not sure if this problem is related to the R81.10 version or to the latest Threat Emulation Engine update. We upgraded to R81.10 last week and the te engine version 59.990001352 was installed.

Regarding that there were problems with engine version 59.990001349, maybe my problems are related to the latest engine version...

The problem:

After some while (days) the ThreatPrevention on the gateways stops without a reason and the mails are stored in the queue. So at this point there is no active ThreatEmulation/Extraction function at the gateway and therefore the mails are not processed. After a policy installation the gateway and the blades start working again. The problem occurs quite random and there is no core dump.

Problem occured with R81.10 GA Take 78 and ongoing Take 79.

I can only guess what the problem could be, maybe someone else experienced the same?!

I also opened a ticket, if someone from CheckPoint team is interested, I can share it via pm.

br

Ronny

Labels