Did you mean: 

R80.40 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New Ongoing take #92

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 5 1,723

eranzo_0-1612096896896.png

Hi All,

A new Ongoing Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take for R80.40 (take 92) was released today,  and is available for download. Please refer to sk165456

Please note the following:

•        The new release is mentioned in  sk165456
  •        The new releases will be published via CPUSE as a recommended version once it will be published as GA.
  •        Availability:

o   Available to download the via sk165456

o   Available for download via CPUSE by using package identifier.

o   Can be provided by customer support

Content included in this take:

List of resolved issue in this take can be found in sk165456

Thanks,

Release Management Group

5 Comments
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im always super careful with any new CP jumbo hotfix...usually seems to break stuff, rather than actually fix it.

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@the_rock  I am really sorry that you feel that way. CP Jumbo Takes have a very high confidence in term of quality. These Takes passed multiple QA cycles as well as production coverage before moving to General Availability .

Customers awaiting for the specific fix or fixes, should install our Ongoing Take to receive a fast solution for their environments.

Please share with us (here or through TAC) any issue you might have with the Jumbo Takes, as we are taking all them seriously and will do our best to solve it as fast as possible.

Thanks,

Release Management Group

Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Hey,

Lately I think the quality of JHF (and r80.40 - snmp unknown user issue.) have halted any new JHF installations in our organization.

I think sk171753 speaks for itself. Do we dare to apply new jumbos at the moment?

Lately r80.30 take 219 totally nuked our MDS installation with the introduction of automatic SOLR restart - see 6-0002412190

We had a long dialog with Diamond support ensuring us of the rigorous QA regarding jumbos.

Not to forget sk168513 - which also messed up out VSX platforms 😞

Regards,

Henrik

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Edited 2021-02-08 by the poster to remove incorrect information. I thought some API return values had changed, but I jumped back about 20 versions in my code and it worked. Clearly the problem is some change I have made on my end. @Or_Soffer I'm sorry about the false alarm!

Since installing jumbo 92, my development SmartCenter's API service is crashing. I'm definitely getting core dumps. It is not happening at a consistent call, or after a consistent number of calls. The software I'm developing presents a pretty heavy API load for several minutes, so maybe I'm just asking for data too quickly.

This particular box doesn't have support, so I'm just rolling back to jumbo 91. If anybody with Check Point wants the core dumps, I can send them. If not, no big deal.

Edited to add: I reverted to jumbo 91, and I'm still getting the crashes. I'll see if I can reproduce on a supported system. If not, I'll just rebuild my dev box.

Or_Soffer
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bob_Zimmerman ,

Thanks for the update

Thanks,
Or

Labels