Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R80.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New Ongoing Take #87

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
2 13 7,313

A new Ongoing Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take for R80.20 (take 87) is available. Please refer to sk137592.

• The new releases will not be published via CPUSE as a recommended version.
  • Availability:
    • Will be provided by customer support
    • Available for download via CPUSE by using package identifier

Impotent Note:

• If you have Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 73 installed on your machines, it must be uninstalled manually before Take 87 installation. 
    For other Jumbo Takes, this is not necessary. 

13 Comments
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Not available in CPUSE Cloud yet...

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@G_W_Albrecht  indeed  , this is an ongoing take - Available for download via CPUSE by using package identifier only ( . You will not show it as recommanded  till it will be GA   

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

Really couldn't imagine why anybody would want to install an "ongoing take", if even the GA takes are not stable.

For an ongoing issue (>1 month, GA Jumbo takes - take 33 more less the most stable one, if module is rebooted daily !) I was asked to try ongoing take 80 : had to throw it off within days !  Perhaps that experience/feedback is the reason why they now talk about 87, not 80 ?

At this moment they are looking for a fix on take 33.

Memory leaks, multiple, apparently ...

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Jumbo Take 87 will install over MTA Update T 43 or T 46, but you will have to uninstall MABDA portal fix Check_Point_R80.20_T101_MABDA_sk113410_FULL.tgz and RAD HF fw1_wrapper_HOTFIX_R80_20_JHF_T17_155_MAIN_GA_FULL.tgz before JT 87 can be installed. Both MABDA portal fix Check_Point_R80.20_T101_MABDA_sk113410_FULL.tgz and RAD HF fw1_wrapper_HOTFIX_R80_20_JHF_T17_155_MAIN_GA_FULL.tgz can then be installed upon JT 87 successfully !

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

At this moment our preference would be to revert to R80.10 : that version ran stably for 3 months, on the customers equipment, until we upgraded to R80.20, because of "rewritten" HTTPS Inspection.

Up till now, for >1 month - ever since upgraded, it is unclear why, but regular reboots are required to keep the module stable.  At this moment, we are at a daily reboot at 05:30AM.

Davidbi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@Marc_Lampo this is very unfortunate.

we would be happy to help and understand what is the root cause of the daily reboots.

this is very important for me to get to the bottom of this and fix the issue.

but to do so I need as much information as possible.

please feel free to contact me, I will do my best to help.

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

The "reason" for the reboot is very simple :

##reboot
30 5 * * * /sbin/reboot

The need for the daily reboot : if not, "top" shows less and less free memory up to the point that users, in the customers network, start complaining (speed, surfing fails, ...)

After reboot, we are "back to normal" (performance and functionality) for at least the work day.

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

There is a, already escalated, SR about this, by the way.

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@Marc_Lampo  Can i get the SR Number ? 

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

sure - email me : marc.lampo@telenetgroup.be

License_at_Qsig
Explorer

We have multiple cases as well for memory leaks. Reproducable on any VSX environment we have running any ongoing take right now. 5 customers checked, all 5 have the same memory leak. 2 ongoing cases with 2 escalations, daily reboots required to prevent gateway crashes.

Tilen_Pegan
Participant
Participant

Marc, if it helps, we had a similar issue after going from R80.10 -> R80.20 on a 15400 appliance - memory ran out almost daily...and than reboot. As I did not intend going through the painful memory leak try and catch debugs -  we just upgraded RAM from the base 8G to 24GB ....now it's stable on a 13G used/reserved RAM.....and yes, I know that's not a real solution :)....but even without this RAM problem I wouldn't go to R80.20/30 yet ....It still has some interesting bugs on SecureXL.

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

FYI - Take moved to GA today.

Labels