Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing new HTML5 LOM for Quantum appliances

Yaron_Weiler
Employee
Employee
7 21 6,949

We are happy to introduce new HTML5 based Light Out Management (LOM) for Quantum appliances.

We are happy to announce the new HTML5 based Light Out Management (LOM) card.

The new card will replace the JAVA-based LOM in Quantum appliances only.

The new LOM support all the features & capacities of the current LOM, while providing the following advantages

• Performance improvements
    • Quicker response time
    • Up to X10 Faster Gaia installation (Image upload)
  • Re-designed WebUI
    • Intuitive access
  • IPV6 Support

In the future the new LOM will enable additional features such as SysLog server connectivity, RestfulAPI and Import/Export settings, etc.

The General Availability (GA) of the new LOM is as follows

• 16000/26000/28000 appliances                                           August 15th 2021
  • 6000/7000 appliances (excluding 6500/6800)                   September 15th 2021

No Software updates/JHF is required.

For more information on the new LOM please refer to Next Gen LOM Admin Guide for 6k 7k 16k 26k 28k is available in the CP Support Center, Official Link:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/LOM_Card_AdminGuide/Default.htm

For any question please refer to yaronw@checkpoint.com

21 Comments
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Finally! Thanks.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

This is great (except for those that have already purchased LOM equipped Quantum appliances to date).

Would this new LOM model be offered as a separate part that could be replaced or installed in the field?

Yaron_Weiler
Employee
Employee

the new LOM can be purchased separately in the catalog (CPAC-NLOM-C) starting today

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Would be nice to post such announcements in Products Announcement Section (https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Product-Announcements/bg-p/products-blog), because then users having subscribed to this section would get a notification.

Yaron_Weiler
Employee
Employee

good idea, just submitted

_Val_
Admin
Admin

No sweat, @Norbert_Bohusch just moved 🙂

@Yaron_Weiler please consider in the future 🙂

Sven_Glock
Advisor

Can't wait to uninstall java! Good news, thanks!

Aaron_Vivadelli
Contributor
Contributor

I was hoping to see LOM have enough flash storage to hold an ISO or 2.  This way we can perform Fresh Installs using an ISO without the Virtual Media wizard reading the ISO across the network in real time.  Any thing like this on the roadmap?

Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Just attended the Check Point Tips & Tricks on the new HTML5 LOM presentation.  I was super excited to see this because frankly, Java should have been written out of the equation 8 years ago.

I want to make sure I understand something.  The shiny new, less than 6 month old Quantum appliances we bought (7k, 16600HS and 28600HS) are going to require us to pay MORE money to get a new LOM card for?  And then arrange to have the new card installed?  Is this correct?

What the heck, Check Point??!??!  Why must you guys always make things so difficult?  We were told these appliances would support the new HTML5 version of LOM.  But there was no word that the machines wouldn't be compatible out of the box.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would reach out to your local account team here @Tommy_Forrest as we can usually find a solution to issues like this.

Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

@PhoneBoy  - I have expressed my frustration to my local team.  And I'm sure they'll get us going.

But that's not the most frustrating part.  The part about having to get a whole new card, get down times scheduled, get remote assistance scheduled, crack the box open, change out the card, hope you don't break anything else on the box while you're doing this is what irritates me the most.

Considering our boxes are, at most, 6 months old.  This should have been a transparent upgrade to the folks who have Quantum appliances.  The hardware to support the HTML5 platform should have been in those machines from release.

XBensemhoun
Employee
Employee

Hello @Yaron_Weiler can you provide more information on remote logging future capability? And will it be considered SNMP Traps?

Thanks

Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Is there a new HTML5 LOM card for 5200 or 5800 appliances?   It looks like I'm SOL.

Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

See the supported appliacnes LOM HTML5-based Card 

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Daniel_Kavan 5k appliances are succeeded by 6k series, end of sales was December 2020, so I believe the answer to your question is "no".

Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Ok, if anyone has a work around - a non Oracle Java 8 version that works with the older Java console (older LOM card) please let me know.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Wolfgang hey, the Oracle part does not seem to belong here, does it?

Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Ther's a description in the sk which other java jdk will be the replacement of the Oracle version.

Rafana
Explorer

Can the LOM port IP changed via console

Labels