Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aharihara
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where is 'full log' option in track column ?

Dear Checkmates,

I'm preparing for CCSA and I came across this question in checkpoint free practice test. Where do we see the 'full

log' option in track column? I'm unable to find this in rule base and I'm breaking my head to find this option.

Even the below link says how to enable 'full log', but I'm unable to see the option. 

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_LoggingAndMonitoring/html_frameset.htm?topic=documen...

Can you please guide me where and how to see this option.?

ccsa_track-question.jpg

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The rule tracking options were changed between R77.30 and R80 on the SMS/MDS and included options "Network Log" and "Full Log".  The logging options were changed once again in R80.10 and the options are now "Log/Detailed Log/Extended Log" which is what we see in today's releases.  For much more detail about this conversion see here: sk116580: Tracking Objects are missing after upgrade to R80.10 (Track column in Access Policy).

That exam question referencing "Full Log" must have been written for version R80. 

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
First of all this assumes the layer in question has more than Firewall blade enabled.
But you can see how to enable the detailed/extended logging options here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Policy-Management/How-to-troubleshoot-an-app-drop-with-the-exten...
aharihara
Contributor
Thank you so much 🙂

Best Regards,
Hari
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The rule tracking options were changed between R77.30 and R80 on the SMS/MDS and included options "Network Log" and "Full Log".  The logging options were changed once again in R80.10 and the options are now "Log/Detailed Log/Extended Log" which is what we see in today's releases.  For much more detail about this conversion see here: sk116580: Tracking Objects are missing after upgrade to R80.10 (Track column in Access Policy).

That exam question referencing "Full Log" must have been written for version R80. 

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
aharihara
Contributor
Thanks you so much 🙂

Best Regards,
Hari
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events