Hi guys , 

I encountered this error when trying to install policies from SMC to Gateway,

**##MSG_IDENTIFY##**2&0&Verification was successful.&50&<NULL>&1&CURRENTVERCMP
cpp: line 52880, Error: Unterminated string&CURRENTVERCMP
1 error in preprocessor&CURRENTVERCMP
Error compiling IPv6 flavor.&CURRENTVERCMP
**##MSG_IDENTIFY##**3&2&Compilation failed.&50&<NULL>&1&CURRENTVERCMP
**##PERF_MSG_IDENTIFY##**

this error i get from file $FWDIR/log/cpm.elg . 

all new configurations and policies should be no different from all old operations, has anyone encountered this error, can you help? Can any one can fix it? or how can i fix this 

Many thanks !!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

I found the cause, because an old policy contained special characters, it was not related to the newly configured rules, so I was subjective, because usually on policies I often see a policy ID error message, but this time This is not the case, maybe an administrator misprinted and published it,

Thank you guys for supportting me !! .
BG 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm, seems like its referring to some sort of line in a specific file on mgmt server. Do you recall anyone modifying anything on the server itself? Do you have actual screenshot of it? Lets do remote if you are allowed to.

Andy

0 Kudos
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

Thanks for reply ! 
We did not change anything related to the server, just created policies and objects as usual. We discovered that while editing the VPN Site to Site link, it seemed to be down when it was working properly. Can I provide any more information as remote operation is not allowed . Sorry about that !

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

One thing you can do is maybe try revert policy via revision when all worked fine and see if that helps. Its highly unlikely things would just stop working out of the blue without any changes. You can also parse through the audit logs and see if you find anything of interest.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

Yeah i just tried those things before create this topic , but i cant find any strange , all object and policy created have been delete .
It took 2 days to find the cause but it still hasn't been fixed . I try to restart services in mgmt server at all but it seem notwork 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You have multiple gateways/clusters or just one?

0 Kudos
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

this error appear at 1 site of my company , we have 3 site use checkpoint firewall , 3 different mgmt , and never seen this error in 2 other site 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So if smart console works, we know fwm and api status are fine. Now, it does not hurt to try reboot the mgmt server, BUT, here is what I want to confirm

1) Is this issue happening ONLY when pushing policy to 1 fw or multiple?

2) Can you install database from smart console?

3) Just as quick test, can you try create new policy package and try install to see if that works?

Andy

0 Kudos
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

this site we just use 1 firewall so 
1 : this error happen when i install policy to 1 gateway
2 : yeah ,  install database work fine 
3 : i try and install but it not worrk  

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Check out SKs I sent, might be relevant.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Did what @Tal_Paz-Fridman send help?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Were you able to figure this out?

Andy

0 Kudos
TUNGPHAM
Contributor

I found the cause, because an old policy contained special characters, it was not related to the newly configured rules, so I was subjective, because usually on policies I often see a policy ID error message, but this time This is not the case, maybe an administrator misprinted and published it,

Thank you guys for supportting me !! .
BG 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

It could be related to a rule or object name. Look at:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk173508

Also, there are additional SK for "Error compiling IPv6 flavor"

https://support.checkpoint.com/search#q=%22Error%20compiling%20IPv6%20flavor%22&f-commonsource=A.%20...

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events