Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Table.def is not override

Hi,

I am cheking a mds migration with some old cluster...one of the requirement is making some mosification over table.def file in order to allow tacacs auth. 

I modify the file over path noted on guide for making the change and pushed policy over the cluster but...on cluster table.def is not modify. Any suggenstions will be appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

TAC answer:

"Though sk98339 indicates differently, The table.def file on the GW will not change and should not be changed.
The sk will be updated in the near future.
The correct way to check if it worked on the GW was using the following command:

# fw tab -t no_hide_services_ports -u
"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

make sure you modify the table in the right package. It has to be backward compatibility directory and not your regular $FWDIR on the management, if the cluster and GW versions are not matched.

0 Kudos
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

I had checked 4 times...

Mds r80.40

gw r77.30

$MDSDIR/customers/domainname/CPR77CMPR80.40/lib/table.def

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case for this.

0 Kudos
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, I did it. It is under investigation. 

I only want to know if somebody found the same issue

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

One more question, did you restart your domain during this trials? If you did, go straight to TAC, if you did not, try that first.

0 Kudos
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I rebooted both...gateway and mds.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That would appear to be the right path...curious what TAC tells you. Keep us posted. Happy new Year!

0 Kudos
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

TAC answer:

"Though sk98339 indicates differently, The table.def file on the GW will not change and should not be changed.
The sk will be updated in the near future.
The correct way to check if it worked on the GW was using the following command:

# fw tab -t no_hide_services_ports -u
"

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events