cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaland
Contributor

SmartEvent - Problem adding DMN Log Servers from Multi-domain server

Hi all, 

I will try to get some help here since I can´t find an answer to my problem anywhere.

I´m trying to setup a standalone R80.10 SmartEvent server that should integrate with our Multi-Domain Server following sk110894  Connecting R80/R80.10 SmartEvent to R77.xx Multi-Domain Server. 

Everything look great to the point where you should add domains to the correlation unit. Under "Objects-Domains"  every domain from MDS shows up, and I´m able to add the wanted domains.

The problem we´re experiencing is that when trying to add the Log Servers to the Correlations unit. Only the DMN´s that have configured MDL as log server shows up. No log server that are configured to use the MDS as log server is visible. 

We have tried rebboting the Smartevent Server, Push Policy and install Database on the DMN that not shoing up. 

Can´t see anything getting blocked in the firewall.  I have added some screenshots to the problem. 

Today we´re running NGSE, and it´s set up in the same way, and this works perfectly. When trying to add log servers after adding the new Domain, Both log servers from MDS and the MDL server are showing up.  

Hope someone maybe have the same configurations as us can help out Smiley Happy 

Best Regards 

Bjørn Andre Kaland 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What you're describing is a known limitation of R80.10.

See: Upgrade to R80.10 is blocked due to Pre-Upgrade Verification 

0 Kudos
Kaland
Contributor

Thank you for clarifying that. Much appreciated! Don´t know how I missed this 

Do you know if this was an limitation in R80 also? Because I was pretty sure it was working when I tested it out there? 

0 Kudos
Kaland
Contributor

I looked through the R80.10 sk110519  and R80 sk108624 Know Limitations, and I can't find that MDS Log server is not supported. Only find this entry "For Multi-Domain Log Servers, Remote Log Servers that are not defined as Domain Log Servers are not supported" And all our log servers is part of the domains I'm trying to get working. 

I also forgot to mention my R80.10 is a clean install.  

It's interesting that this is only mentioned in a pre-upgrade verification SK as a limitation 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe it mostly affects people upgrading, though I guess it would make sense to note it for clean installs as well.

Hopefully this limitation will be removed for R80.20.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

What I needed to do is enable Smartlog on those domains, the SOLR database is used on both SmartEvent and SmartLog, however I'm not done with it all yet, I will try to shut SmartLog down again and see what happens after that.

Keep in mind there are quite some limitations that you will run into, see my post from today where I describe my experiences with an R80.10 SmartEvent in a R77.30 environment.

You will also see some of my comments there on a full R80.10 multidomain setup.

Regards, Maarten
Kaland
Contributor

I have enabled SmartLog on all my domains, I have also tried to restart the SmartEvent server and the MDS

I guess it would be best to wait for R80.20 Release. 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Bjorn, Try to disable Smartlog on one of the erratic domains and see what happens after doing the Install database.

After that check in the correlation unit list if you then can add the Logging CMA, I just disabled one that first did not have Smartlog but was added in the correlation unit after enabling Smartlog, now I have disabled Smartlog again on that domain and I removed it, installed policy and then added the domain back in again, it was still there, even without Smartlog enabled.

So just try it, you might be lucky.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Another thing I just got told by one of my colleagues, it will take a lot of time for all stuff to synchronise, even though it says it is in sync.

So he said, wait 1 or 2 days and look again.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events