cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Jump to solution

Smart Console Log Export without SmartEvent

Hi All,

Running a Clustered pair of 5600 appliances on R80.40.

From SmartConsole > Logs & Monitoring, I filter down a log using the following for the last 30 days:  

user:username blade:"URL Filtering" 

I want to export the results using Menu > File > Export to Excel CSV, but I'm only given a few results in the file.  From SmartConsole I can keep scrolling and see all of the results as intended.  I don't see the same numbers of results in the CSV. 

We don't have Smart Event activated to get a report in that manner.  Unsure if that's a licensing fee to add that?

Any ideas on the best way to generate 30-days of URL Filtering results for a user?

Rory 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

https://mgmt-ip/smartview

From there you can export up to a million log entries.
The fact you can only export the visible log lines from SmartConsole is a known limitation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
K_montalvo
Advisor

Hello

I tried it the same way than you and got the exact results that's shows up on the Logs and monitoring tab. What application are you using to open the .csv exported file?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Using Microsoft Excel to view the CSV....in your search results...scroll down to show more results then export.  You'll find everything you scrolled passed will be blank lines in your CSV file and only show you the logs for what's visible in the GUI window.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

https://mgmt-ip/smartview

From there you can export up to a million log entries.
The fact you can only export the visible log lines from SmartConsole is a known limitation.

Contributor

Good to know on the known limitation.  I'll try the link you provided using our mgmt IP.  We only have read-only access to our management and log servers, but I'll report back tomorrow on results.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@PhoneBoy is 100% correct. I actually exported logs from my lab mgmt for 3 months and it had about 500000 lines.

Andy

Contributor

Thank you again.  Going through the web worked like a charm!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)