Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnvid_Karstad
Contributor

R80.10 - Automated reports?

Back i R77.30 we used to have a lot of reports automatically sent out to certain people weekly or monthly - and now with R80.10 the feature of SmartEvent/SmartReporter is not there. But there is a way to generate the PDF's - has anyone looked at a way to grab/send them ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In the Logs and Monitor view, click on Reports.

Select the report you want to schedule.

Select Actions > Schedule PDF (or Schedule Excel)

From there you can specify how often the report is generated from what timeframe as well as where to send the report.

0 Kudos
Arnvid_Karstad
Contributor

Interesting - since for 1.5 years with R80 and R80.10 it was confirmed through the channels not to be possible "yet"..  That solves a lot of manual routines for us then

In R77.30 you could as an administrator create scheduled reports - and say that you wanted the Identity information to be hidden (with ****) - only way to anonymize the reports as we need to do by law before sending them to management is to create a reporting user which does not have access to identity information, but then you loose the statistics that would be available to show that there are issues to be handled as we cannot show the usernames in te report. Also I could not find an easy way to add so that the report would only be for "office X, Y or Z" based on their source ip - this was possible with Smart Reporter.

The only work around for that as I see it now is either one report user per country - or cloning each report and looking at hard coding the src part as too be able to differentiate.

- Arnvid

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

At least in the non-scheduled view, there's an option to "Hide Identities."

That doesn't seem to be there for scheduled reports. 

I know when you schedule the reports you can choose filters (not sure this is the correct syntax or not):

Does that not work?

Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

To add to my mentor Smiley Happy , for Identity section 

ensure that user does not have permission to :

- identities 
- show identities by default 

Results with admin user:

Results with the user with 'law" permission:

you will need to login with the user with 'law' permission, in order to schedule the reports without identities 

Arnvid_Karstad
Contributor

That "No Internal" Activity is exactly what we don't want.. We want the report to show the event list without person identities - i.e ****** .- 

Ultimately we would like to have 1 report for each "country" or "hub" - without identity with the information for the users at that entity- to be given to the management of each entity upon request. 

Very hard to show that a entity has problems without being able to produce reports that we are allowed to show the people that need to address the problems.

0 Kudos
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

Sorry that I misunderstand it Smiley Happy

1. Please set the following permissions for user:

2. Login with the user and create report/view

Results :

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events