Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
along5664
Participant

Mount iscsi drive directly from R81.20 vm

Has anyone mounted an iSCSI drive directly from a SMS on a vm? 

We have a R81.20 jumbo 76 SMS running on a vm off proxmox. We want to mount an iSCSI drive directly to our truenas from our SMS to use for log files.

Thanks for any assistance. We do have a ticket open with support, but so far no luck.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

So you want the management server inside the VM to be the iSCSI initiator and the hypervisor should just see the network traffic? That seems a little backwards. I would have the hypervisor be the initiator and just pass the drive to the guest as a local block device.

Note that additional drives can make upgrades complicated later. Ideally a Check Point VM should have exactly one disk presented to it. The OS should go into the same zvol as all the log data.

0 Kudos
along5664
Participant

I want to assign a network interface on the sms in the same subnet as the truenas that is prsenting the iscsi volume. I want to mount that volume on the sms. We are using proxmox to host our vm's, and it seems if we do one large drive to the sms via proxmox, it causes issues. So we want to just have a direct connection from the SMS to the truenas iscsi volume that is shared out via network and not via the proxmox.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events