Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor
Jump to solution

Monitor a S2S VPN for bandwidth utilization

Good morning!

Running R81.20 Take 53 on both gateways in my environment.

Is there a way to monitor a S2S VPN between two CP gateways that I control for bandwidth utilization?

For instance - I have 100Mb connections at both my sites.

I'd like to find out what our utilization is of our S2S tunnel between these two sites to see what percentage of this bandwidth we are using on average...

We routinely send replication jobs throughout the day.  I'd like to make sure that our bandwidth is enough to keep the traffic flowing or do we have a bottleneck that is causing jobs to get delayed and backed up.

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hi Joe,

Are you familiar with SmartView Monitor?

If you have monitoring blade activated on your GWs, you can use SmartView Monitor to see live data on VPN tunnels.

Also, if you have SmartView (not monitor but SmartEvent application that shows graphic in a manner for analyzing) you can consider using the following from our Checkmates SmartEvent toolbox:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SmartEvent/Enhanced-VPN-Dashboard/m-p/100235#M6

This is based on logs so not live but you can still have a lot of useful information.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hi Joe,

Are you familiar with SmartView Monitor?

If you have monitoring blade activated on your GWs, you can use SmartView Monitor to see live data on VPN tunnels.

Also, if you have SmartView (not monitor but SmartEvent application that shows graphic in a manner for analyzing) you can consider using the following from our Checkmates SmartEvent toolbox:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SmartEvent/Enhanced-VPN-Dashboard/m-p/100235#M6

This is based on logs so not live but you can still have a lot of useful information.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

Thank you Amir!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey bro,

Hope you are well! Happy July 4th, well, though its tomorrow, so I dont forget lol

Anywho, I see what @Amir_Senn is saying, its definitely true. I will say doing it that way is not perfect, but it does work. I have it in my R81.20 and R82 labs, so can show you if need be.

Best,

Andy

Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

Hey Andy - good to see ya again!

Take care!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Same here brother, all the best!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

For the context, this is what you see when you have monitor blade enabled.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just as a note, this is something that will be improved in R82 with the Advanced VPN Monitoring tool that shows information on each VPN Tunnel and tracks its health and performance.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Saw that in R82 lab, very impressive, but Im sure it will get even better 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events