Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wille010
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to change DMS(CMA) name

Hi all,

I'm trying to rename one of my customers dms name. It used to work in R77.x but in R80.x I can't get it to work.

First i take a DMS backup with migrate export. After that delete the existing domain containing DMS and then create new domain and DMS. In R77.x it is possible to create the new domain and DMS without starting the DMS after creation but in R80.x this feature seems to be missing. Because  automatically starting the DMS after creation, the import with cma_migrate will fail because DMS was already started. See below log file:

[27 Jun 12:15:32] [CmaSuitabilityChecker::exec] ERR: Domain Server was started since its creation, cannot migrate database to such Domain Server
[27 Jun 12:15:32] <-- CmaSuitabilityChecker::exec
[27 Jun 12:15:32] [ActivitiesManager::exec] ERR: Activity 'CmaSuitabilityChecker' failed
[27 Jun 12:15:32] [ProgressUpdater::UpdateProgressToGaia] Progress Updated to '10.2564
[27 Jun 12:15:32] [ActivitiesManager::exec] WRN: Activities execution finished with errors
[27 Jun 12:15:32] [ActivitiesManager::exec] WRN: Activities 'CmaSuitabilityChecker' have failed

Also in R77.x SDM Gui it was possible to import file with newly created DMS, this is also not available anymore in R80.x.

Anyone tried renaming DMS in multi-domain R80.x?

Tia.

Cheerz,

Lesley

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

DMS != MDS... not enough coffee Smiley Happy

In R80.10, you create the CMA without starting it using the following command:

mgmt_cli --root true add domain name <my_domain_name> servers.ip-address <my_IP_address> servers.name <my_domain_server_name> servers.multi-domain-server <R80.10_multi-domain-server_Name> servers.skip-start-domain-server true

This is described in: Installation and Upgrade Guide R80.10 

Then you can use cma_migrate. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
Wille010
Contributor

Thanks.

Seen it but solutions are not valid. The solutions provided in the SK's are for MDS Server and not for DMS and the other one 'rename SMS' doesn't work in R80.x.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

DMS != MDS... not enough coffee Smiley Happy

In R80.10, you create the CMA without starting it using the following command:

mgmt_cli --root true add domain name <my_domain_name> servers.ip-address <my_IP_address> servers.name <my_domain_server_name> servers.multi-domain-server <R80.10_multi-domain-server_Name> servers.skip-start-domain-server true

This is described in: Installation and Upgrade Guide R80.10 

Then you can use cma_migrate. 

Wille010
Contributor

Check!

Couldn’t find that last statement in the API guide online. Will let you know outcome.

Wille010
Contributor

Confirm it is working! Many thx for your help Dameon.

Gtz

Lesley

urziulian
Explorer

Hi Lesley,

according to Chekpoint, cma_migrate is not supported on R80.XX version and only working for a migration from R77.XX.

Have you managed to import the database with cma_migrate command, with the source database exported still from R80.x version, (after the mgmt_cli command to skip start)?

Otherwise, how did you imported the database if cma_migrate doesn't work?

worth to mention: i have a SmartConsole R80.10 Server and i only need to rename a Domain and keep the same R80.10 MDS

Much appreciate!

Wes_Friesen
Explorer

To detail the steps involved:

1.in expert - mdsenv Test_CMA

2. mcd

3. using /opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/migrate export /home/admin/Test_CMA-Export

4. SmartConsole - delete original domain in MDS or equivalent mgmt_cli command

5. mgmt_cli --root true add domain name New_CMA_NAME servers.ip-address <same_ip_as_orig> servers.name New_CMA_Server_Name servers.multi-domain-server Test-MDS servers.skip-start-domain-server true

6. cma_migrate /home/admin/Test_CMA-Export.tgz /opt/CPmds-R80/customers/New_CMA_Server_Name/CPsuite-R80/fw1

Ofer_Barzvi
Employee
Employee

Please note that cma_migrate is supported only when source database was exported from R7x and should not be used with database exported from R80.x

This is documented under the "Migrating an R77.xx Domain Management Server Database" section in the Installation and Upgrade Guide R80.10  and in R80.20 release we added a new Pre-Upgrade-Verification that fail the cma_migrate when running it with tgz file exported from R80.x server.

0 Kudos
urziulian
Explorer

hi Ofer_Barzvi,

What is the alternative of cma_migrate to import an already exported Domain database in R80.10?

Thanks in advance!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events