Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beomseok_Jang
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I resolve this warning in Device & License Information?

How do I resolve this warning in Device & License Information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James_Alliband
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
  1. Change the IP address of RXX.XX SmartEvent in the Security Management server GUI (SmartConsole) on the  RXX.XX SmartEvent server object.

2. Change the IP address of the  RXX.XX SmartEvent in the WebUI on the server itself.

3. Remove the old license from and add new to the corresponding new IP address of  RXX.XX SmartEvent.

4. Complete SiC reset on the  RXX.XX SmartEvent object in the SmartConsole.

5. Save changes and install the database to the Security Management server, Log server, and  RXX.XX SmartEvent server.

6. Log into the  RXX.XX SmartEvent, into legacy SmartEvent GUI, remove the old correlation unit and add it again.
    Now it will have a new IP address defined.

7. Install the SmartEvent Policy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Issue cpstat cpsead on smart event and find what is the problematic log server , in my experience most of the time restarting event services resolve the issue but it may be different on your case

0 Kudos
Beomseok_Jang
Contributor

hi buddy~

I think the smart event log server IP address is set incorrectly, how do I change it?

0 Kudos
James_Alliband
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello,

- Essentially you need to make sure that Smart Management Server can "talk" to the Smart Event Server. When you can see that they both can communicate to each other. When you can confirm that, restart the Smart Event server, make sure the connection stays stable and then check the Smart Event is receiving logs.

0 Kudos
Beomseok_Jang
Contributor

hi buddy~

I think the smart event log server IP address is set incorrectly, how do I change it?

0 Kudos
James_Alliband
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
  1. Change the IP address of RXX.XX SmartEvent in the Security Management server GUI (SmartConsole) on the  RXX.XX SmartEvent server object.

2. Change the IP address of the  RXX.XX SmartEvent in the WebUI on the server itself.

3. Remove the old license from and add new to the corresponding new IP address of  RXX.XX SmartEvent.

4. Complete SiC reset on the  RXX.XX SmartEvent object in the SmartConsole.

5. Save changes and install the database to the Security Management server, Log server, and  RXX.XX SmartEvent server.

6. Log into the  RXX.XX SmartEvent, into legacy SmartEvent GUI, remove the old correlation unit and add it again.
    Now it will have a new IP address defined.

7. Install the SmartEvent Policy.
Beomseok_Jang
Contributor

Thank you James Alliband

you so handsome~

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events