cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaq
Participant

Copy rules and objects from one CMA to another CMA on the same MDS in R77.30

Hi Guys,

Just wondering is there a tool that can be used to copy rules and objects from one CMA to another CMA within the same MDS on R77.30. I've seen some blogs on cp_merge utility but it doesn't support MDS.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Shaq

14 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

For objects you can also just export and import them, once they are available int he other CMA, just open both dashboards and try to copy and paste.
Regards, Maarten
shaq
Participant

Thanks Maarten,  do you have any document or link explaining the export/import of objects between CMA.

Also, once you've imported the object file into CMA, is it going to overwrite the existing objects?

Cheers

Shaq

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Shaq, I don't know of any document describing how to select a number of objects and go to the file menu and select Export from there. This will create a file per object. When you select groups, it will also export all the contents of those groups.
I have not tried importing objects that already exist, but you can simply export 1 object and try to import it, my guess is that it will fail to import that object.
Regards, Maarten
DZ_KB
Collaborator

Hi @Maarten_Sjouw ,

Could you explain how ? are you meaning by the gui ?

thanks a lot for your reply.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In the SmartDashboard there is an option to do an export of selected objects, as described in my previous post.

Regards, Maarten
DZ_KB
Collaborator

I work in a R81. I have find how to export object to a cvs file but not to import them.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The only way to import objects from CSV is using mgmt_cli with a specially crafted CSV file.
It cannot currently be done with SmartConsole.

0 Kudos
(1)
DZ_KB
Collaborator

Hi @PhoneBoy ,

And what about from copy/paste rules from a cma to a another cma ? 

I have tried it but it doesn't seems to work in r81 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I've never tried copy/pasting rules across CMAs, only within the same management domain (without Multi-Domain).
Not sure that was ever a supported feature, either.

In any case, you will have to manually create the rules or export/import them in other ways (not using SmartConsole).

(1)
shaq
Participant

Unfortunatley the tool is no longer being actively maintained but the last release (Jan 2007) is still usable up to R65

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The tool was never officially supported and should work just fine up to R77.30.
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Is there any way how to export and import LDAP groups ? cp_merge nor Ofiller (Odumper) are capable of doing such a thing.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of a tool that can do this.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events