Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dehaasm
Collaborator

Check Point smartevent automatic reaction via logger

I am trying to get this external script to work whenever a smart event occurs it should be both send via email and using the external script using syslog/logger command. The mails are being send however the external script is not being used and nothing is send out via syslog.

#!/bin/bash
echo "starting automatic reaction" >> /var/log/automaticreaction.txt
EVENT=$(cat);
echo "logging event details $EVENT" >> /var/log/automaticreaction.txt
logger -n 10.1.1.1 -P 1234 $EVENT
echo "sending to syslog" >> /var/log/automaticreaction.txt

According to the documentation the EVENT=$(cat); and using the $EVENT should automatically retrieve the event data. Does someone here have experience with this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe below line, you might be missing -u for user

logger -n 10.1.1.1 -P 1234 $EVENT
0 Kudos
dehaasm
Collaborator

when i run it manually by sending some text (not using variable EVENT) then it works

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Lets see if someone else may know, as not sure TAC might be able to assist with scripting.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

External script for automatic reaction must be located on the following directory in order to work: $RTDIR/bin/ext_commands/

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
dehaasm
Collaborator

Yes it is there, I only added logging to /var/log to see if the script runs and where it stops, it seems to stop at EVENT 3rd line

0 Kudos
dehaasm
Collaborator

we just checked again we have two automatic reactions one mail the other the script, it seems the script is not executed as i have zero log entries for that I should see following in log file, again while running manually this works (of course not using the EVENT data)

echo "starting automatic reaction" >> /var/log/automaticreaction.txt

I think i have to engage TAC as I am out of options

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

TAC is probably the way to go in this case.

I will also recommend to create a new very simple script to see if the issue is generally in scripts.

Scripts of auto reaction also has limitation, but I think that a way to WA this is having the script trigger the other script.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
dehaasm
Collaborator

Hi Amir, I will do one test more to only have a script with one line that is to add some local logging, then we know if it is executed, if not then something goes wrong with the external reaction solution itself.

0 Kudos
dehaasm
Collaborator

not even with a single line script it is executed gonna engage CP TAC

dehaasm
Collaborator

In the automatic reaction configuration we need to specify the location of the script command line I currently have /opt/CPrt-R81-10/bin/ext_commands/automaticreactionsyslog and this file exists.

Creating an External Script Automatic Reaction (checkpoint.com)

In the Add Automatic Reaction window:

1. Give the automatic reaction object a significant name.

2. In Command line, enter the name of the script to run.

Specify the name of the script that is in $RTDIR/bin/ext_commands/ directory.

Use the relative path if needed.

Do not specify the full path of $RTDIR/bin/ext_commands/.

perhaps I just have to fill in the name of the script instead of the full path?
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Full path won't work if I remember correctly, use only relative path (just file name actually).

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events