cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LongjiangLI
Explorer

Maestro bridge cabing

Hi Expert,

I  facing Maestro cabing proble,. Topology as showing MHO is working in the Layer 2 mode .  All the gateway are in the Core-Switch.

Bond1:Eth1-13 Eth1-14Eth2-13Eth2-14

Bond2:Eth1-15Eth1-16Eth2-15Eth2-16         

BridgeBond1 Bond2   (work at Tunk 802.3AD mode )

MHO and GW are running R81.10 version and T66 HF .

22222.jpg

Base on this design can we cross connect the core switch or access switch   between two MHO.  Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Anatoly @Lari_Luoma can you guys assist, please?

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Looks like it should work

0 Kudos
LongjiangLI
Explorer

Hi Anatoly,

Thanks for your replay !

Topology desing have 3 bridge in the network :

22222222.png

We meet the MAC inconsistency problem  , flowing is the error message In special Brige  :

11111111.png

Then we open a technical case  ,TAC tell us across device bond setting is not support. So  We want  clear know that there are some limitation on the Layer2 deployment and across device bond setting?  Thanks !

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Why do you think there is a cabling problem, how is STP / Portfast configured?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
LongjiangLI
Explorer

Hi Chris ,

Nice to see you again .

I am not sure there is a problem or not . All the interface are the trunk mode not change to edge/portfast  port mode ,so have the STP on there but all the interface are in the forwarding statues . 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Ok. For context I have the follow questions

* How is the distribution mode configured?

* What hashing mechanism is used on the bond/trunks?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
LongjiangLI
Explorer

Hi Chris ,

I comfirm form my enduser side that Core /distribute switch are using src/dst IP  hash arithmetic . In the 2 MHO distribute mode using  auto-topology(per-port) arithmetic  .WechatIMG191.png

Switch WX20221026-192921@2x.png

0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

I don't see any issues with this. What makes you doubt this kind of cabling?

0 Kudos
LongjiangLI
Explorer

Hi Lari,

We meet the MAC inconsistency  issuse that tac tell us across device bond setting is not support   . I  think across device bond is very important in the netwrok design .hope you could  give us advise ,Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Without knowing the details I cannot comment whether your configuration is supported, but if TAC is telling you it's not I would trust them.

Here are some general thoughts.

- In order to configure LACP bonding that peers with two different physical switches, the switches must have vPC, VSS or similar configured

- MAC inconsistency does not necessarily indicate a problem. Sometimes this is fixable by tuning the garbage collector threshold or ARP table size. Work with TAC to get the most accurate solution in your environment.

0 Kudos
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

In addition what @Lari_Luoma  it say to work with LACP /802.3ad (active/active) switch must be in stack. If they are independent then the bonding must be Active/Backup as well. 

Keep in mind in A/B you must define the primary interface of the bond. 

0 Kudos