cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

fan speed MHO-175

I have a question regarding the volume level of a MHO-175. It's our first MHO-175 and I'm wondering, the system fans are running  always at highest speed and full blast. Sound like a jet all the time.

Normal behaviour  or should the system fans lowering like the MHO-140 or the gateway appliances after start of the GAiA OS ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

They will be loud atleast for now (R81.10), but to confirm are both PSU seated fully / powered and detected?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Yes, both PSU are powered on, detected and running fine.

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

The MHO-175 are significantly louder.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Yes, really they are.  In the datacenter this will be no problem, but our lab is nearby an office. Our colleagues are not happy with this sound, theay are a little bit confused about the starting jet in the lab room.  We have to find another location....

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Just to update my understanding is this is being addressed in R81.20.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Does this mean the Orchestrators will support some form of ACPI for R81.20?  Kind of annoying that there is no way to do a shutdown/halt that actually cuts power and doesn't just reboot the Orchestrator, and that there is no real way to do any kind of hardware health check on an Orchestrator (fan speeds, voltages, PSU status, etc).

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos