Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mung_Dao_Xuan
Explorer

How does security management count gateway licenses in maestro with VS?

Hi,

We have 2 boxes 16600 HyperScale Appliance and 2xMaestro Hyperscale Orchestrator 140. We want to create 05 pairs Firewall (Core, WAN, Internet-inbound, Internet-outbound, partner) on this security group. How should I choose security management size in this case? How does security management count gateway licenses in maestro with VS?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I would recommend to take this with your local SE from Check Point. If you need contacts, please PM me.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

With the exception of VS0, Management is unaware of the underlying gateway hardware in Maestro and will see only the 5 Virtual Systems (+5 managed gateways).

Each Gateway must also have a VSX license for 5 VS.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Dont forget the VSX gateway itself, which also counts for 1 gateway so you come at 1 GW +5 VSs = 6 gw's in total!!

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Jonas_Nyquist
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Actually, from version R80.x, together with using NGSM generation licenses, we don't count VS0 in VSX.

If you have a Pre-R80.x version Management Server (no matter the generation of Management License), or if you have a Management License that is pre-NGSM generation (so, Legacy licenses and Software Blades generation licenses) on a Management Server version R80.x or later DOES count VS0 as well.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Management licensing depends on number of gateway/VS objects (not cluster or VSX gateway), whether Maestro is involved or not.
All Maestro gateways will need to have a license for the relevant number of VSes.

0 Kudos