Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador
Jump to solution

Deprecated Commands in Maestro R81.10 take 75

Hi!

Jumbo Hotfix take 75 for R81.10 was released today. It brings some significant changes to some commands in Maestro.

asg_info is no longer supported and replaced by cpinfo -Q

• The following commands will no longer monitor performance per Virtual System:

• "asg perf"

• "asg perf -v"

• "asg perf -vv"

• "perfanalyze"

Update: asg perf works if run inside a vs context (run vsenv to change the context first).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaiF
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would like to raise some important clarifications:

• asg perf

The tool is working regularly for vsx (with all –v –vv –vs all..) the text in sk is totally wrong and is being changed. The fix in this JHF is to disable rsrc control collector feature in perfanalyze  (memory and cpu consumption per VS). RSRC control for SP is not working for SP(known limitation since kernel 3.10).

• asg_info

cpinfo –Q is a wrapper to cpdata_collector(sk164414) which all are already familiar and this is the official tool to take SP logs. We will make sure to add clarification in SKs(sk164414 and sk92739).

Regards,

Shai.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

[Expert@SG1-ch01-01:0]# asg_info

asg_info is not supported anymore, please use cpinfo quick mode instead.

Example:

cpinfo -Q "--run"

For more information please check cpinfo -Q "--help"

Daniel_Szydelko
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi,

Can you elaborate a little bit more about this topics:

1. Asg_info

- what cpinfo -Q output contains (more or less) in compare to asg_info taken from SecGrp (Regular or VSX) prior to R81.10 JHF Take_75? Unfortunately I haven't possibility to compare it right now by myself. As I remember asg_info taken from SecGrp VSX contains a lot of data grouped by global/SGM -> VSx or for regular SecGrp by global/SGM.

2. Asg perf

- As I understand we can still use for ex. vs_all g_perf ... to grab performance stats from all VS's in Security Group or there is a plan to deprecate this cmd at all?

BR

Daniel.

0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

You can still grab performance statistics when you are under a VS, but the global commands asg perf -vs all -v -vv for example are not available anymore.

0 Kudos
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

if you want to run cpinfo -Q by defult will validate the CK and will upload to the cloud if you want to avoid upload to cloud use 

#cpinfo -D -d -Q 

the output will be located on the folder where you are when you run

check with

#pwd 

0 Kudos
Daniel_Szydelko
Collaborator
Collaborator

Thank you, but I asked for more deep details. Unfortunately I haven't any maestro stack on my hand to check it so that's why I'm asking about it.

BR

Daniel

0 Kudos
ShaiF
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would like to raise some important clarifications:

• asg perf

The tool is working regularly for vsx (with all –v –vv –vs all..) the text in sk is totally wrong and is being changed. The fix in this JHF is to disable rsrc control collector feature in perfanalyze  (memory and cpu consumption per VS). RSRC control for SP is not working for SP(known limitation since kernel 3.10).

• asg_info

cpinfo –Q is a wrapper to cpdata_collector(sk164414) which all are already familiar and this is the official tool to take SP logs. We will make sure to add clarification in SKs(sk164414 and sk92739).

Regards,

Shai.  

Daniel_Szydelko
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi,

Thank you Shai for clarifications.

BR

Daniel

0 Kudos