Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blason_R
Leader
Leader
Jump to solution

cpm service is not coming up cleanly

Hi Team,

This is R81 management server and while restarting cp services cpm is not coming up cleanly. Its failing with below errors.

Has anyone experienced this error before?

27/06/23 18:45:45,691  INFO management.object_store.DatabaseOperationsHelperBean [main]: Initialization Time: Staring postgres took: 108
27/06/23 18:45:45,881  INFO fts.solr.SolrCureSvcImpl [main]: setting Solr Cure bulk size by heap size to 1000. Heap size is 1280m
[EL Severe]: 2023-06-27 18:45:46.195--ServerSession(-1082254264)--Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.0.v20140809-296a69f): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database "cpm" does not exist
  Detail: The database subdirectory "base/16385" is missing.
Error Code: 0
[EL Severe]: ejb: 2023-06-27 18:45:46.202--ServerSession(-1082254264)--java.lang.RuntimeException: an eclipse error has occurred enable logging on EclipseLinkExceptionHandler to see full error
27/06/23 18:45:46,203 ERROR coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreJpaTransactionManager [main]: Spring failed to open transaction.
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.lang.RuntimeException: an eclipse error has occurred enable logging on EclipseLinkExceptionHandler to see full error
        at org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doBegin(JpaTransactionManager.java:427)
        at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreJpaTransactionManager.doBegin(ObjectStoreJpaTransacti
Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well was with TAC for more than 2 hours but in vain and finally then had to restore the backup and it fixed.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

This looks like something that TAC should address

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is there a good command to debug it?

Andy

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well there are certain commands under $FWDIR/scripts/cpm_* however seems those are not good documented and I researched a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Will check in my lab tomorrow.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Did you try any of below scripts? What did TAC say?

Andy

[Expert@QUANTUM-MANAGEMENT:0]# ls cpm*
cpm.sh cpm_stop.sh
cpm_debug.sh cpm_stop_including_solr.sh
cpm_dump.sh cpm_stop_including_solr_postgres.sh
cpm_monitor_init.sh cpm_wd_start.sh
cpm_monitor_stop.sh cpm_wd_stop.sh
cpm_status.sh

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well was with TAC for more than 2 hours but in vain and finally then had to restore the backup and it fixed.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect there's been some corruption on the management server.
TAC is definitely your best bet here.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Thanks I already did that though.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Can you please share the SR. I have sent the issue to a few owners in R&D so if there something relevant I'll send it to the TAC owner.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

This is my sr number 

SR#6-0003656418

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events