Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zach_Milbach
Explorer

R80.20 cphastart error failed to fetch cluster ID from policy file.

Currently trying to configure 2 6800's in our lab environment. 

6800's are running the R80.20 Dual Image OS. 

There is a MDS also in this environment running R80.20.M2 

When connecting directly to the CLI of either of the 6800's and trying to start cphastart I get the below message. 

2019-04-10 13_03_28-RE_ Cluster HA issues - Message (HTML).png

From reading various articles I'm getting confused because I though Magic MACs went away. Are they back now? It mentions both Magic Mac and Cluster ID so which one is it looking for? 

I went through the first time wizard multiple times and I select the box that this device is a member of a cluster but what use to be the Cluster ID field in R77 first time wizard that input field doesn't exist with this firs time wizard. 

I came across another article talking about removing the cluster members from the cluster and re-adding them. However that article says to click on the member and detach but detach is no longer around in R80. Now if you remove it deletes the gateway all together. 

So I guess I'm confused on how to get these 2 boxes to at the very least start up HA. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Magic MACs are still a thing but by default they are calculated automatically.
The message suggests an issue with the cluster object itself that might be cleared by deleting and recreating it.
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Did you install policy on this cluster yet?

0 Kudos
Zach_Milbach
Explorer

So far default policy is installed on them. I attempted install policy from the MDS but that fails. SIC is established between them.
0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

No possibility to install policy via regular R80.20 SmartConsole GUI ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events