cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_M
Contributor
Jump to solution

Password Change

1. What is the difference between set expert-password, set expert-password plain, and passwd <username>  Which would I use?

2. I need to change the expert password (bash) and the clish password, right?  to do that I would run the syntax from above for the expert password. And for the clish password I would run "set user <UserName> newpass <new password>", correct?

I want to do this over the CLI. This is for the admin password.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Hello,

Please find answers to your questions below:

1. "set expert-password" and "set expert-password plain" are essentially the same command (the only difference is that the first is used for R75.45 and above whereas the latter is for the R75.40 and R75.40VS versions (see sk71521 for more information). passwd on the other hand is used to change the account password of a specific user and it is not related to the expert mode.

2. If you want to set the expert password just use the "set expert-password" command. If you want to reset it, please follow sk92347.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
set expert-password sets the password needed to go from clish to the expert shell and has zero relation to any user account password.
If you want to change the admin account password, the command from clish is set user admin password.
Do not use the passwd command from expert shell.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Hello,

Please find answers to your questions below:

1. "set expert-password" and "set expert-password plain" are essentially the same command (the only difference is that the first is used for R75.45 and above whereas the latter is for the R75.40 and R75.40VS versions (see sk71521 for more information). passwd on the other hand is used to change the account password of a specific user and it is not related to the expert mode.

2. If you want to set the expert password just use the "set expert-password" command. If you want to reset it, please follow sk92347.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
set expert-password sets the password needed to go from clish to the expert shell and has zero relation to any user account password.
If you want to change the admin account password, the command from clish is set user admin password.
Do not use the passwd command from expert shell.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events