cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

New Support Portal

After a soft-launch back in February 2023, we have formally launched a new support portal!

This means https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com (and most links to there) should now redirect to https://support.checkpoint.com

It has a completely redesigned interface (mobile-friendly, even!) and should have significantly improved performance.

Some features are currently missing from the new portal:

Feedback is welcome!

Click here to send feedback for Check Point Support Center

image.png

163 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would open a TAC case on the IP not being included in the Check Point Services object: https://help.checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

I have submitted a ticket, SR 6-0003619159 if anyone wants to monitor.

Dave

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

I cannot even log in to access support this morning.

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: ky6eSUKuz9OQs8HD14Dm16JbI0LK6ffIn8b7I2UeyHo5jcnmzjjHjA==
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its a hot mess, to put it lightly. I had same issue as you on my personal desktop, then refreshed, worked fine when I logged in again. Then I try my work laptop, had to log in 5 times (5 times...I mean, what in the world??!!), but when I tested my personal macbook, worked right away.

I wont even try to understand this logically any longer, cause as far as Im concerned, there is no logic to any of this.

All I can say is I hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

TAC case has been open for 10 days, so far I've been asked to provide URLs, tech was not able to replicate (since their searches were not going to AWS Ireland, and I suggested to replicate they block Ireland). It's now been sent "internally".

So, still a problem, TAC spinning their wheels for something that I think should be an easy fix.

Dave

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, give me the steps needed and I will replicate it for you, no point wasting time. I have a perfect lab with https inspection and windows 10 behind it, so should be able to replicate it quick.

@David_C1 , if you can list what needs to be added, along with required rules, I can get on it fairly soon.

Just maybe attach word doc or list the steps here, either way works.

Cheers mate.

Andy

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

Here's an example policy. Pretty straightforward. Allow "Check Point Services" in a rule, put a rule below it that blocks every geo-location. If I'm doing anything in checkpoint.com, support.checkpoint.com, etc., it should never hit the geo-location block rule.

Geo policy.jpg

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, here is what I will do. After I go get lunch (BIG MAC...bad idea LOL), I will create new policy in my lab, clone what you got and see what happens.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@David_C1 

Ok, I decided to make pasta, easier lol. Anyway, replicated and no issues here, works just fine. See screenshots below. Happy to do remote if you need to do more testing.

Let me know.

Andy

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

Thanks Andy,

I can get to support.checkpoint.com, it's when I try to search for anything that it fails. Also if I go to https://support.checkpoint.com/product-alerts, nothing displays.

Could you verify these?

Dave

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

This is what eventually displays when I go to https://support.checkpoint.com/product-alerts:

product alerts.jpg

Interesting URL, no?

Dave

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Try getting rid of the colon.

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

The colon was not part of the actual URL, just added to posting as in ": here's what I get when I go to the URL"

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Just adding to the conversation, but the URL without the colon worked for me.

We have geo-policy in effect as well with some exceptions. I find that unblocking

Ireland often solves a lot of issues.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know, Ireland is great! ; - )

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Happy to do remote and see if we can fix this. To me, makes NO sense why this would not work for you..

Andy

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

Thanks but not necessary. I just got off the phone with TAC and they were able to replicate. We will see where this goes.

Dave

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds good. If you need anything else, happy to test in the lab.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Progress!

(1)
David_C1
Advisor

So after a month or so of updates from TAC consisting of "Development is still working on this issue internally. I will continue to keep you updated on the status" the resolution from TAC was the following:

"With the recent changes in the supportcenter.checkpoint.com site we have transitioned to utilizing the platform-eu.cloud.coveo.com domain. It is important to note that platform-eu.cloud.coveo.com is not governed by Check Point. Therefore, we are unable to add it to the 'Check Point Services' updatable object, as doing so could potentially compromise security.

To resolve this issue, we recommend creating a domain object specifically for platform-eu.cloud.coveo.com. By adding this domain object to the Check Point services rule, you will allow the necessary traffic."

So I get to expose my environment to all of platform-eu.cloud.coveo.com if I want to be able to use the new support site. Not exactly the answer I was looking for.

Dave

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That does not sound like a good workaround either...to me, saying we dont want to add it to Check Point services, as it would compromise security, but then asking a customer to allow it, thats not fair. 

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

No it does not.

Dave

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We are using Coveo for the new support site, so this is expected.
@Micky_Michaeli clearly the Check Point Services object is NOT up to date.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No problem mate. Since I like to do things right the first time, I tested the link, I even counted EXACTLY 100 clicks inside support site and everything worked just fine (searched, trying to open new case, set up demo lab, assign myself to a new account, generate license...)

Andy

0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

I received an update on my case late yesterday:

"Development is working on updating the Check Point Services updatable object to resolve the issue. We expect the fix to be available by next week. "

Dave

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can access the old portal with: https://supportcenter.us.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Omg...the favorites are back! @PhoneBoy ...I dont care what anyone says...you are, as Tina Turner would say...SIMPLY THE BEST! 🙌🙌🙌

0 Kudos
Mikael
Collaborator
Collaborator

Where did you find the favorites?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Mikael 

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Mikael
Collaborator
Collaborator

The last week or so I have had to login (more than usual, shorter session timeouts?) and every time I have to login twice.

I get the login-page, login, the page reloads the login-page, I login and the second time I get the 2FA-prompt... Once done I get access to the page. Really frustrating... I have tried multiple browsers, cleared all cached files and cookies but still behaves the same. 

Am I the only one with this issue?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events