Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amir_Arama
Advisor

Mgmt /Data Plane separation - question

Hi,

i have a question. 

so i want to build like out of band mgmt for all our GWs across the country. to on remote branch office which facing mpls router, i want to create new nic and connect it to seperate nic on router, and after than seperate it as mgmt plane.

my question is. what i do regarding out of band of Switches for example in the same remote branch, i thought to create additional interface for the sw oob mgmt, but my question is can i put more the one interface as mgmt plane? and can i route traffic between interfaces of the mgmt plane? because i want to be able to open ssh from my mgmt pc in HQ to the switch mgmt int in remote office, and i want that all traffic will pass through GWs via Mgmt plane interfaces. is that configuration supported? or should i do that differently? thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If you need VRF type behavior to construct your OOB network perhaps look at VSX.

MDPS is about the mgmt of the gateway itself not ancillary devices.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Amir_Arama
Advisor

thx

so what you are saying is i can't put more than one interface on the mgmt plane and use of of interfaces to be gateway for any network that will be seperated from the data plane?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

It's not the intent of the feature to be used in this way, please refer sk138672

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events