Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silesio
Contributor

Deploying Check Point Solution R80.40

In this post, we're going to deploy Check Point Solution running Gaia R80.40, on EVE-NG. These guide is also valid for deployments using VMWare Workstation. 

This lab is based in the topology below:

001.JPG

First we're going to download Gaia on the link below:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Choose the option: Security Gateway / Standalone / Security Management Clean Install.

Once we get Gaia OS, we can install it on EVE-NG or VMWare Workstation;

The following steps will be the same whether you're deploying on EVE-NG or VMWare. For this article, we're going to refer only for steps in EVE-NG. Add two Check Point nodes like in the topology above and let's start the installation process.

Stop the boot process by typing any key and select Install Gaia on this system

2.JPG

Proceed with Welcome screen

3.JPG

Choose your keyboard language

4.JPG

Set the partition option (I'll use the defaults)

5.JPG

Set your login credentials

6.JPG

Choose which interface will be the Management Port (I'll choose eth0)

7.JPG

Set the Management Interface IP address

8.JPG

Proceed with the installation

9.JPG

Once it finishes we'll reboot the machine. Do the same steps for the other machine but assign it a different IP address.

Now let's proceed with the first installation wizard by accessing the two machines via browser: https://ipaddress.

We'll start with the gateway.

13.JPG

In the Internet Connection page, set the interface leading to the internet (external interface)

15.JPG

In Installation Type page, choose Security Gateway and/or Security Management

17.JPG

In Products choose Security Gateway and proceed

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

For the management server, some of the initial steps will be the same done in the gateway section. 

In Products choose Security Management

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

Once the installation finishes, we'll download SmartConsole from Security Manager Gaia portal and install it.

27.JPG

Now let's login into the management server using SmartConsole and add the Gateway.

28.JPG

In the Gateways and Servers Toolbar, select New > Gateway

Set the Name, IP Address, and Communication key. In communication window, type the password defined earlier for SIC and select Initialize.

29.JPG

Press OK and proceed to the Network Management pane, edit the interface leading to the internet and Modify it's topology to Internet (External).

30.JPG

Let's add our internal network into SmartConsole by clicking New > Network in the Objects Pane in the right.

33.JPG

Access the Security Policies pane and add a new rule above the existing Clean Up rule.

34.JPG

31.JPG

Install Policy and publish the session.

And that's all you need to deploy Check Point solution.

By default, after deploying Check Point products, you have a 15 days trial license period. If you want to test some advanced features like ClusterXL, IPS... you can download a demo license in the link below and you'll have 30 day period to test those features:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal

Once you login, access the page Try Our Products > Product Evaluation and choose the license that fits you bettter.

In SmartConsole access the Menu > Manage licenses and packages... 

36.JPG

In SmartUpdate, import the license file and attach in the management server or in the gateway.

39.JPG

Hope you enjoyed this post, leave your comments below and I'll see you on the next post.

(1)
5 Replies
Mikey-Mikey
Explorer

Hi,

I do not appear to be able to create more than one CP VM in EVE-NG for a separate management node and firewall. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong.
I've tried creating the nodes from  the same qemu image or different image. When I try to configure a separate node it wither inherits all of the config from the manager, or does not load at all.

0 Kudos
KostasGR
Advisor

Hello Mikey-Mikey 

Did you follow all the steps from the below link for ISO installation? 

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howtos/howto-add-checkpoint/

BR,

Kostas

0 Kudos
JGo
Explorer

Hey Mikey,

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution to this?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
anilkusi
Explorer

Hello Team,

We are using EVE-NG setups in our office setup, the image which is there in EVE-NG for check point is R80.20 and pre-build into EVE-NG.

When I am installing it.. i am only getting option for Security management and not able to configure that device as Security Gateway.. 

Could you pls advise , what could be an issue here.

Best Regards

Anil Singh

0 Kudos
anilkusi
Explorer

in my EVE-NG lab , we have image version cpsg-R80-20M1_T14 and I am not able to configure it as Security Gateway, Any idea or suggestion here.. the image was already build by instructor..

pls advise I am new in this technology

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events