Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

About new feature update of R80.40

I'm Posting this post in hopes of adding new features. I also want to know if checkpoint will updates new features.

1.About QOS,if checkpoint will add the feature about per ip qos limit in a policy like fortinet;

2.Now,others vendor like fortinet/paloalto and so on all support ldap authen when login device,if checkpoint will add ldap authen feature when login smartconsole or web/cli.

Others feature are welcome raisied.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You can use Radius or SecurID to authenticate admin users 

0 Kudos
Benedikt_Weissl
Advisor

What do you mean by "per ip qos limit in a policy like fortinet"?
0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Fortinet per ip qos.png

0 Kudos
Benedikt_Weissl
Advisor

I see. You can already limit up/download in the access policy but you want to be able to apply this limit per source ip, right?
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

...which is already possible in any Check Point from 5.0 and up.

Jeff_Gao
Advisor

yes,precisely,when source is B or C class network in a policy ,I want to limit per source ip
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Concerning QoS limit per IP, you can also do that in the QoS rulebase.

So why are you calling "new features" something that exists for many years?

0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

source is a network,how to limit per ip in a policy? According to my test,this network share the total limit bw in a policy
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Incorrect. You can create a rule, where source is a host object, or a group of those. 

0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

When there are only a few hosts, source can is a host object,if a c class network and i need shaper traffic for per ip to 1M,how to do it ,need i create 254 rulebase and 254 host objects?
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This depends on your needs. If you want a granular policy with limit per IP, then yes. It makes much more sense to use simpler settings in most of the policies, though

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi Jeff,

Your question about LDAP was addressed previously here, did you ask your local SE for assistance?

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/Multi-domain-Admin-user-authentication...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Yaelle_Harel said that we should contact solution center to activate it,how to contact solution center?
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi Jeff,
As above your local SE should be able to facilitate.

(Refer also sk145392)

Thanks.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events