cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

ACTIVATION LICENSE

Hello Dear,

I am newcomer with the CheckPoint Solutions and It’s my first time to activate the license but the others config are OK because I worked on the Cisco products.

I tried to activate the license on the CP Appliance 3100 but I am confused just a bit. Please this is the information

IP Mgmt : 192.166.1.1

IP add br : 10.5.1.86 to access to Internet

IP WAN on Router(Provider) : 100.235.105.153

NB : the CP Appliance 3100 Behind the fortigate and to generate the license on the usercenter.checkpoint.com/usercenter the IP add I put is the IP WAN 100.235.105.153.

Brief you can see the information and the errors on the files attached.

1-Which IP add must I put when I fill the form to generate the activation file ?

IP add br : 10.5.1.86 or IP WAN on Router : 100.235.105.153

2- Which is the problem ?

Thank you for all.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Yanick, 

The 3000 series appliance will use Central licensing to activate the license. Because of this the IP address on the license will be the IP address of the management server. If you are using gateway and management server on the same machine you could just use the management interface IP address and then add the license via SmartUpdate.

I would use the IP address for the license of whichever interface you have set as the Mgmt interface. The mgmt interface necessarily doesn't have to be the physical interface that is marked as Mgmt. The management interface can be changed via Gaia.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Mark

Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

Thanks to you Mark for your reponse

0 Kudos
Jovani_Patterso
Employee
Employee

To keep things simple, I'd recommend taking the following steps:

1. Regenerate your license from usercenter using the IP of the Management interface (192.168.1.1) and download the license file

2. Open up SmartUpdate, navigate to the licenses and contracts tab and detach the license previously attached

3. Attach the new license, and update contracts.

This should resolve your issue. Let us know if that helps.

Jovani

Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

Thank you I understood well, It's ok

0 Kudos
RickHoppe
Advisor

For more information, please check the Check Point License Guide. https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

Great I am very happy to work on the Checkpoint solution

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did you "activate" the license for the 3100 using the First Time Wizard when setting up the appliance?

Or what exact steps did you follow to get to this state?

In general, the license should be associated with one of:

• Management IP (a so-called "Central" license)
  • The appliance itself (a "Local" license with the device MAC address listed as a "feature")
  • An IP address associated with the Gateway (a "Local" license)
0 Kudos
Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

Apfter using the First Time Wizard when setting up the appliance I wanted to activate the license but I took the ISP IP add but now I understood I think, I am going to try  

0 Kudos
Yanick_DJINZOU
Contributor

Thanks for all but after the activation of the Apliance, is possible to change the ip address I have used for the activation and put another network(IP add) or this address (The first IP add) is bind with the SmartConsole for the Mgmt?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Technically, as long as the IP of the license matches an IP on a gateway interface (or the management IP) it is fine.

If you need to relicense, Account Services can help. 

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events