Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasax
Participant
Jump to solution

Connectivity with the Check Point Endpoint Security service is lost after new windows 10 update

Hi everyone!

So after I installed a window 10 update (Ver. 21H1 (Compilation SO 19043.1110) after rebooting the PC  a message appeared that the Check Point Endpoint Security is lost. 

When i unhided my windows adapters  the one named "Check Point Virtual Network Adapter  for Endpoint VPN  Client" states :

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

The driver was not downloaded. Initialization call failed.

TracSrvWrapper.exe  is stopped and cannot manually be initialized.

I collected the logs of the software for reference.

In the version of the Properties of the TracSrvWrapper.exe it says the number: 98.6.1014.4

I already tried uninstalling  and installing  the VPN using the .MSI given by my employer with no fix at all.

This is my current problem:

VPN NOT WORKING.jpg

Hopefully you can give me an answer,

Thanks in advance, 

Luke

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hash1
Contributor

@Kage @AndreiR  @lucasax 

Weird question but... do you Kage and Lucas, play Valorant? I've just noticed that most of my user with this problem has Vanguard installed (valorant's anticheat). The ones with the same problem without Vanguard had some antivirus blocking it.
My user uninstalled Valorant (he literally only had Valorant and the VPN+Token Driver installed on a clean install) and installed E85.20 and voila... it FINALLY WORKED!

Anyways, I still have a TAC so Checkpoint can work on it.

View solution in original post

(4)
34 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please make sure you are using the most recent version of the client.
Download the stand-alone client from here:
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

The helpdesk.log file only contains:
"FILE DOES NOT EXIST"

So all we have from your logs to determine what version of the client you are running is the build string:

I have to admit I don't know what version this corresponds to but a fast google search points me towards E82.30.

You are running Windows 10 21H1 / 19043 / 2103 which is only supported by E85.00 and E85.10 of the current GA releases. I would recommend you to update your client to E85.10 first and see if the issue is solved.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/role/supportcenterUser/page/default.psml/m...

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
Hash1
Contributor

I have an user in my org with the exact same problem, error 37, network interface not going up.
But he already installed E85.10 with no success whatsoever.

lucasax
Participant

That version was given to me in a MSI provided by my employer.

I had to use my last resort which was reinstalling windows 10 keeping my personal files (it's a new option on Windows 10 under maintenance on the panel control).

Hopefully the tech team can spot the bug.

Kage
Participant

Hello!

I have got the same problem.
Yesterday I used the software with success, but today the same message appeared as the author of this post. However, I don't recall any windows update.
The Windows I am currently using is the Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 20H2 Compilation SO 19042.1110).
After trying to repair the program, I tried to reinstall using the .msi file provided by my employer.
Afterward, I tried the same but with the most recent version of the client (VPN E85.10; file version 98.63.3.105), however, I had the same output.

Hopefully, a way to fix this will be released.

Cheers,
Carlos Silva

Vamp
Explorer

I have got the same problem.
Yesterday I used the software with success, but today the same message appeared as the author of this post. However, I don't recall any windows update.
The Windows I am currently using is the Windows 10 Pro  (Version 20H2 Compilation SO 19042.1110).
After trying to repair the program, I tried to reinstall using the .msi file provided by my employer.

Hopefully, a way to fix this will be released.

Cheers,
Isaias Micael

Hash1
Contributor

Do you play Valorant? Uninstall it and reinstall the VPN and try to use it.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not sure if this is related, but will throw it out there. I use same update as well and few days ago, I upgraded my vpn client from E85 to E85.10 and could not connect to any vpn site, which never happened before. I believe error had to do something with vpn adapter...after rebooting, same issue. I had to uninstall E85.10, reboot, reinstall and reboot and then it worked. For what its worth, if you had not done that, you might want to try it.

0 Kudos
Vamp
Explorer

the same problem is occurring with my version of Windows 10 Pro SO 19042.1110 20H2

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Anyone having this issue on E85.x should open a TAC case.
If you are running a pre-E85 release, recommend upgrading first.
If you're an end user, please work with your IT staff on this. 

0 Kudos
AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Hi @lucasax ,

I'm managing development of VPN clients. I don't know if you have already contacted Check Point support but I will try to help you.

From the description I see that in your case Windows didn't load the driver for virtual network adapter. There could be various reasons for that, let's try to check them one-by-one. Please follow my instructions bellow:

1. Run Registry Editor and export following hives:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vna_ap
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TracSrvWrapper
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Share exported reg files.

2. Run command line cmd.exe as administrator, go to VPN client installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect and run vna_utils.exe with following parameters and post its output here:
vna_utils.exe –ap vna ver

3. Show me how system sees the VPN driver and service. In the cmd.exe run the following commands:
sc query vna_ap
sc query TracSrvWrapper

3. Compile the list of installed applications. In the cmd.exe run the following command:
wmic product get name, version > list_of_apps.txt

Feel free to send the list through private messages if for any reason you don't want to share it here.

4. Attach log file from windows drivers (if exists):
C:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

Hash1
Contributor

Hello Andrei, I collected all these info from the user experiencing the same exact problem as Lucas. Even the build version of Windows is the same.

I'm also attaching the regular VPN Endpoint Logs in it.

AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Thank you, @Hash1 . Your information will help.

@lucasax , please share info from your computer as well. I expect it will have the same state but I have to be sure.

lucasax
Participant

Here i attach my computer specs from dxdiag. 

I already fixed the VPN not initializing by reinstalling windows 10 and keeping my personal files.

I hope it doesn't happen anymore, but to be sure i will not update windows anymore.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ouch, thats tough way to fix it. I had similar problem, but I was lucky to fix it by simply removing current endpoint install and re-installing, so just needed 2 reboots.

0 Kudos
AndreiR
Employee
Employee

It's a pity that we can't examine your computer at the state of the issue. We will continue investigating available data from other users. Hope that will help us to understand root cause and fix it.

0 Kudos
Kage
Participant

As a user with the same issue, I provide in the attachment all the requested info I could gather.
Hopefully, it will help.

AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Thank you, @Kage ! I see the same error as @Hash1 has.

Please collect logs from VPN client. Use both approaches:

1. Invoke collection of logs from VPN client

2. Run collect.bat script from VPN installation folder. Usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Check Point\Endpoint Connect

Kage
Participant

Glad to be of assistance.

As requested, in the attachment it can be found the logs from VPN client, using the approaches mentioned.

0 Kudos
AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hash1 ,

Do you have more users with the same symptoms? I'd like to compare logs from several endpoints.

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

We do have 2 other users with problems that might be this one. I'll try to locate them and check if I'm able to get these logs as well.

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

Andrei, I would like to send you the logs I've collect from another user with the same problem, but in private. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Best to open a TAC case.
We can provide a private way to upload files this way. 

0 Kudos
AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hash1 ,

If private message does not allow to attach file, the only way is to open TAC case and ask support engineer to forward it to me and write in the description that this case is from Check Mates. Once you have SR# you can send me it over PM.

dorisam
Explorer

Hi! Got the same issue. Getting the same error as above. 

0 Kudos
(1)
Hash1
Contributor

@Kage @AndreiR  @lucasax 

Weird question but... do you Kage and Lucas, play Valorant? I've just noticed that most of my user with this problem has Vanguard installed (valorant's anticheat). The ones with the same problem without Vanguard had some antivirus blocking it.
My user uninstalled Valorant (he literally only had Valorant and the VPN+Token Driver installed on a clean install) and installed E85.20 and voila... it FINALLY WORKED!

Anyways, I still have a TAC so Checkpoint can work on it.

(4)
lucasax
Participant

I was going to post this yesterday. I installed valorant, rebooted the Pc for Vanguard and it blocked the driver in sys32.

Uninstalling Vanguard and rebooting fixed it.

So yeah that may have been the issue.

0 Kudos
dorisam
Explorer

It was working earlier after doing a reformat. Right after I installed Valorant, it stopped working. I just uninstalled Vanguard and restarted the computer. VPN working again.

0 Kudos
Kage
Participant

I had in fact Valorant installed.
Just uninstalled it and rebooted the PC and now the VPN is working properly.

Your help is appreciated - thank you!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events