Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king_slavcho
Participant

Can not install jumbo hotfix R81.10

Hello friends, i have a problem with my checkpoint server. I don't know why but some services are not working like FWM, FWD, CPSEMD and tried to solve the issue with this:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

but when installing the hotfix R81.10 i get into an error:

SmartReporter R81.10 R81_10_JUMBO_HF_MAIN - Failed on installation:
Failed to replace one of the files. Try installing the package again. First file to fail - Source file: /opt/CPrt-R81.10/conf/log_indexes/lib/java_sic.jar.new. Destination: /opt/CPrt-R81.10/conf/log_indexes/lib/java_sic.jar.new. Error: Failed to move source to destination, after 4 attempts. System error..

What can i do in order to solve this issue and install the hotfix?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Question...what jumbo take is it? Also, if you right click to verify in web UI, what message do you get?

Andy

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

this is what i get when i click verify

jumbo hotfix verification.png

And this is the error i get when i try to install it:

jumbo hotfix error.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's likely the same root cause as this issue: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Can-not-backup-because-of-insufficient-storage...
Basically: you need space in /var/log to download and install the hotfix.
Further, you need to have enough space that is not allocated to a filesystem (including /var/log) in order to take a snapshot of the root filesystem (a requirement for installing any JHF or version upgrades).

the_rock
Legend
Legend

II thought it only generates snapshots when doing major upgrades, not for jumbo hotfix installs?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, for the same reason it's done for major version upgrades: makes rollback super simple in case something goes wrong.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

k, gotcha!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Actually, turns out I'm wrong: we don't take a snapshot automatically when installing a JHF.
In any case, it's a good idea to take a snapshot before installing a JHF. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

All good brother, this is the first time ever you were wrong, which is probably 100 times or more less than times I was wrong, haha. But yes, I agree, definitely good idea to get backup/snapshot regardless.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I've been wrong a couple of times 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats pretty good record, hehe ; - )

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

I made around 12gb free space.. Is that not enough?!?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would think so. I mean, I installed jumbo hotfixes before with less than 10 GB free space in /var/log and worked just fine.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Will appreciate if you can send me the installation logs to boazo@checkpoint.com

Since the failed command is a simple file copy it might be indeed insufficient disk space but we will know better if I have the full logs

Running "da_cli collect_logs" on the machine will create a tgz which includes all the required logs

Thanks

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

Sorry for the late reply.. Just to let you know that the log file size is 160mb.. I can send it to you with wee transfer.. Is that ok?

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Sure, lets try

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

Hey Boaz, i got a notification from a guy named Omer Woloch who told me that works with you and he was assigned to investigate my issue. He told me to run this command which i checked it that lists the file attributes on a second extended file system. The command is:

lsattr -R /opt/CPrt-R81.10/conf/log_indexes >dir.txt

Because i can not see his reply in this thread i am writing to you just to check if everything is ok.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events