Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgeluiznim
Explorer

Browser Settings - Disabling Incognito Mode, BrowserGuest Mode, and InPrivate Mode

Hello,

I would like to clarify some questions regarding the option to disable Incognito Mode, BrowserGuest Mode, and InPrivate Mode in Harmony Endpoint. Specifically, I am interested in understanding which resources are impacted by this setting and whether there is any technical document from Check Point that provides detailed information about these changes.

With the introduction of version E87.10, this function was added, and I am particularly keen to understand how disabling the extension, which resides in the taskbar, affects the security and functionality of Harmony Endpoint.

It is important for me to know how turning off this option might impact system security and operation, and if there is any official material or documentation from Check Point that could provide deeper insight into this.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and for any additional information you can provide.

Best regards,

Jorge Dias Junior

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jorgeluiznim
Explorer

I’m looking for some clarity regarding what happens if I disable the background execution of the Browser Settings extension in Harmony Endpoint. I have a few questions:

1. Security Impact: How does disabling this feature affect our organization's security? Would I be completely unprotected, or would the protection simply be paused when the browser is closed and then resume when the browser is reopened?

2. Performance: Does turning off background execution improve the performance of the browser or the system? If so, how significant is this improvement?

3. Overall Impact: Besides the visual aspect, are there any other practical effects or consequences of disabling this feature?

I appreciate your help in understanding these points and any detailed information you can provide about the impact of this setting.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AdiGH
Employee
Employee

are you asking what is the impact of completely disabling the browser extension or the impact of specifically disabling incognito mode?

0 Kudos
jorgeluiznim
Explorer

disable only the "run in background" that appears in the Windows taskbar next to the endpoint agent icon with browser icon,
as shown in the image attached above in the first post,

After the Harmony Endpoint extension is installed in the bottom right corner of the taskbar next to the endpoint agent icon, it pins a browser icon.

I will attach the image again.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events