Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilcp
Participant
Jump to solution

ebook 80.10

Hello,

One month ago I followed the course CCSA 80.20 (3 days). No students were able to use the ebooks during the course.
It is a long story (and it shouldnt have been for just a ebook !) but I will try to summarise it. A bit shameful for Checkpoint... It takes a lot of energy to just open a pdf file...

First of all, the given link to the students was 80.10 and we are following the 80.20 course with an instructor ebook 80.20. Very logical.
2 weeks before the course our partner (company which organise the course) asked us to register for the ebook
One week before the course, we informed our partne it was impossible to open the ebook. No solution was found.
Then, at the beginning of the course, we struggled and didn't succeed to use the ebook.
3 weeks after the course, even if the partner contacted Cisco, we still can not use the ebook. We were asked to use an old version of Capsule Docs Viewer. The file is still protected.

At the end of the CCSA course, I was asked if I wanted to follow the CCSE course. For sure, not in such conditions !

Seriously, if you want to reach customer satisfaction, you have a lot to improve.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shay_solomon
Employee
Employee

HI, 

Thank you for the feedback. It's appreciated and we fully understand your frustration. Action was taken as followed: 

Starting Jan 6, 2020 we are moving to a new eBook system called Kortext.com which is way more intuitive than the current system. Kortext is a SAAS solution for which the user isn't required to install any plugin or software on his machine. Permission is activation-key based rather than User name/email (capsule docs). The whole experience will be much more friendly and easy to use. Print is allowed, highlight and bookmark. 

Please send me your details and the Courseware that you hold and I will make sure to provide you with the same Courseware eBook under Kortext.com (2 weeks from now). My email address is shay_sol@checkpoint.com 

Please specify the name of the ATC for which deliver the session. We will follow up with him regarding the versions. 

Thanks for the feedback, 

Shay 

Shay Solomon | Director, Education Products & Gamification

+972-52-3769206 (IL)

+415-2513078 (US)

Tel Aviv, Israel | Irving, TX

View solution in original post

11 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@ilcp I am sorry for your experience. Some notes:

1. I have moved your post into Training and Certification space, where it belongs.

2. You did not mention ATC providing the training. It is your ATC's and its instructor responsibility to make sure you have the right books and the means to open them. It is indeed not logical to run R80.20 course with R80.10 books. 

I will ask relevant people to look into this.

0 Kudos
ilcp
Participant

1) Thank you @_Val_ 

2) I agree but when it is a big mess I think Checkpoint should get that information from customers

Hope some customers can share their experience with the ebook (e-kit)

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Check Point is two words 🙂

0 Kudos
shay_solomon
Employee
Employee

HI, 

Thank you for the feedback. It's appreciated and we fully understand your frustration. Action was taken as followed: 

Starting Jan 6, 2020 we are moving to a new eBook system called Kortext.com which is way more intuitive than the current system. Kortext is a SAAS solution for which the user isn't required to install any plugin or software on his machine. Permission is activation-key based rather than User name/email (capsule docs). The whole experience will be much more friendly and easy to use. Print is allowed, highlight and bookmark. 

Please send me your details and the Courseware that you hold and I will make sure to provide you with the same Courseware eBook under Kortext.com (2 weeks from now). My email address is shay_sol@checkpoint.com 

Please specify the name of the ATC for which deliver the session. We will follow up with him regarding the versions. 

Thanks for the feedback, 

Shay 

Shay Solomon | Director, Education Products & Gamification

+972-52-3769206 (IL)

+415-2513078 (US)

Tel Aviv, Israel | Irving, TX

ilcp
Participant

Hello Shay, 

Finally, after some argue with the ATC (I can give you the name in a private message), I got a direct contact with Cisco. That contact opened today a ticket 6-0001860120 in your system. 

Thank you for giving me hope that your SAAS solution would be better. Difficult to make it worst with your old solution. 😉

I ll send you an email asap

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Bonjour, @ilcp 

I have looked into your case briefly. Did you try using https://documentsecurity.checkpoint.com/ds-portal/ - web viewer for the book? If you did not, please try. I know, it is not practical, but as a troubleshooting step, this helps us to see if the issue is with your credentials or an actual client you have installed.

If you have issues opening the doc, that means ATC did not set your credentials correctly. If that is the case, please ask @shay_solomon to give it a little push.

Anyhow, please let us know how it's going. 

0 Kudos
ilcp
Participant

please find attached the printscreen. Using the web viewer the file does not open. (an image of charging the file is continuously turning around).

0 Kudos
Václav_Brožík
Collaborator
I am glad that you mention the web viewer. Recently I was preparing for CCSE renewal and I was not able to upload the CCSE courseware to the web viewer. I tested four different web browsers multiple times and the upload was ending in endless 🙂 circle rotation. The Capsule Docs client is crashing on Windows 10 1809 with Acrobat Reader 2019.021.20061.

This experience (in addition to older tests) gives me an impression that the Capsule Docs product is being neglected by Check Point.
0 Kudos
ilcp
Participant
Check Point gave me the access to Kortext. It is working properly and the reader is much more effecient (search system, etc...). Great Job !
0 Kudos
shay_solomon
Employee
Employee

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor
same for me, if there is ANYTHING better than CP capsule docs viewer sing me in ASAP, I will test it, reviewed etc.

I will send you an email.

Thankfully we will get rid of Capsule docs viewer for certification courses, I have many complains about this software in every CCSA/CCSE.

ATC Arrow ECS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events